Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tossed picture on tv

Hi!

I use the dvdmax-feature of my Parhelia and it works great - until I wanted to view a 604x448 video on tv: it's tossed.

Looks like a 16:9 video - means there are horizontal black borders, instead of vertical ones which are to be expected (it's a 4:3 tv set), since 604x448 is 1.35, whereas 4:3 is 1.33 - but I'm sure you all know that though.

Any workarounds? Shall I file a bug report over at matrox?

Thanks, Hannes

PS: I currently use 1.5 drivers and I use the always scale to full screen option.

If you use 'always scale to fullscreen', aspect ratio shouldn't matter at all.
    No black borders should show up on your tv, unless they're encoded in the source.

Correct behaviour where black lines show up on the sides is when you use 'preserve aspect ratio' for DVD-MAX.

btw. the black borders on the side might have to do with the fact that the horizontal resolution isn't a multiple of 32 or 16 (I forgot which one it should be), so the codec might add black bars till it fits in the nearest multiple of 16 or 32 (608 pixels?).

Comment

It's a divx5 video. However I can't see any horizontal bars when played on my monitor.

AFAIK resolutions have to be multiples of 16, so 608x448 is ok - sorry, was a typo in my first post.

I tried bsplayer with official divx-codec and ffdshow, no change though.

Interestingly I do get horizontal black bars when using the always scale to full screen option - seems the ratio stays preserved - is that normal?

Merci, Hannes

Comment

How blind can I be? Just found out that I had configured my tv-set as 60Hz which it isn't. Now it works perfectly!! Just that mpeg2s get more overscaned than e.g. divx videos.

Comment

Working...
        X