Bizarre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre

My MSI 875p NEO would only ever boot with slow mode enabled in the Bios. Whatever memory timings or memory voltage you set.
    Today I swapped the 2.66 P4 533 processor for a 3 gig 800 mhz jobee. As I expected the system wouldn't boot properly. I loaded bios fail safe defaults and bingo hello XP.
    Reset the memory timings to the same previous settings with slow and it booted.
    I noticed that the performance mode had been disabled.
    Rebooted and set the system for fast.
    Amazingly it booted but had reset my memory timings to cas 2.5. Performace mode was enabled.
    Rebooted again and set it too Turbo and it booted again. Still wouldn't have cas 2. Ultra-Turbo is a no go.
    Now the system should be more unstable at 800 mhz than 533 but it doesn't seem to be the case. Wierd.
    The system bios is 1.6. Theres is 1.8 out but some people have reported problems so I'm going to stick at Cas 2.5 for now.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Talk about bizarre, someone tested a TNT2 in aquamark3. I wonder how long it took to complete the tests
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
    X