Revenge of PlexTools Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge of PlexTools Professional

Okay, so I saw the new 2.x versions of PlexTools Pro on Plextor.com and saw that they were WinXP compatible. After playing with it for a while I figured out that if I load my old 1.5 version that came with my old burner, and then loaded 2.6 off of Plextor.com BEOFRE I reboot that PlexTools will load and WinXP won't crash and burn after you reboot.

I finally got around to playing with it today and WOW is it awesome. It's got the standard built-in media and CD-player, plus the good old fashion, error correction, jitter correction, best cd-ripper program ever made ... but has some extras.

Now when you rip CD's you can encode directly to multiple audio formats, namely: WAV, MP3 (via Windows CODEC, bleh), LAME MP3 (if you upload LAME_ENC.DLL into the PlexTools install directory), Monkey Audio (some lossless codec I've never used) and OGG Vorbis. The new PlexTools also supports all CD/DVD devices, not just Plextor, and including any USB/Firewire external drives (it even detected Daemon Tools).

You can also set the read/write speeds on all Plextor drives and a few other supported drives. Adjust audio channel output levels. Get basic information on firmware, the CD/DVD inserted, test drives and drive speeds and tons more.

It's absolutely the coolest all-in-one CD/DVD package I've ever used. I'm very impressed

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 30 September 2003, 07:55.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett
Working...
X