driving licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving licence

got it today it was an expensive affair, but well worth. i dont have to walk anymore

My cousin came to the US from Norway as a foriegn exchange student and got her International Drivers license here. Then when she came of age in Norway to get her drivers license she handed in her International License and got her Norwegian one for 100 Kr!!!

Not too shabby a deal, since driver's licenses cost what ... 3000+ Kr?

Congrats, btw. What kind of car do you have/getting?

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      My cousin came to the US from Norway as a foriegn exchange student and got her International Drivers license here. Then when she came of age in Norway to get her drivers license she handed in her International License and got her Norwegian one for 100 Kr!!!

Not too shabby a deal, since driver's licenses cost what ... 3000+ Kr?

Congrats, btw. What kind of car do you have/getting?

Jammrock
      right now im driving my mothers car. its a toyota corolla 1.6, 110 hk. one week old

it is not like 3000 kr. its more like 12000 kr. the final test alone costs 2000 kr. one usd is 7 kr (x-rates.com). so it costed me 12000 kr / 7 = 1700 usd all together

Comment

This was my first driver's licence. It cost me 550 mils and the test, lasting 5 minutes, another 250 mils, equivalent at the time to 16 GB shillings or ~$3.

I was young and good-looking then!!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Wow ... prices have gone up on licenses there.

Jammrock

Comment

Jammrock

Actually, no. Licences are free here for senior citizens!
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Was referring to Norway

But free driver's licenses are always cool!

Jammrock

Comment

What with increased security & all, my class A is $60 and 4 hours in line just to renew!
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

hey Brian, guess you don't have as much hair now!

Comment

Congrats M|x!

Yes, getting a driver's license is expensive. The prices seems to be about the same in Norway as they are here in Finland. Honestly I don't know where all the money ends up though, 'cause although my family has a driving school we're not exactly rolling in money here...

Anyway, fortunately a driver's license is something that one only needs to pay for once... Unless one screws up. You seem like a reasonable person, but please do make sure that you don't get too excited about your new freedom (and don't let any immature and/or intoxicated "friends" tease you either). Sorry if I'm preaching, but sitting at the driving school office I've seen just FAR too many young guys who didn't believe what they were told the 1st time around.

Comment

Re: driving licence

Originally posted by M|x
                      got it today it was an expensive affair, but well worth. i dont have to walk anymore
                      WOOHOO!!! Now don't do like I did when I got my license ok?

(I locked my keys in my car right at the Ministry of Transportations office parking lot, oops! )
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I ran a red light durring my first test.
                        Needless to say, I had to go back again.
                        chuck

PS Could have been worse - I had a friend who got a speeding ticket while he was taking his test.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                          PS Could have been worse - I had a friend who got a speeding ticket while he was taking his test.
                          ROFL

was out for a testdrive now with some friends. and no, if they try to make me drive faster etc, they can walk home. its as simple as the. because its no way im crashing my mothers car

Comment

/me huggles his 15USD drivers liscense
                            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Its quit expensive in Denmark as well. Theres some new rules, since I took my licens. Now theres a minimum required amount of driving lessons (18 hours I think?) etc.

I took my licens (sort off again - dont ask) in 1992. I had 4 hours of lessons, including 3 hours on the freeway - the instructor and I went to germany to pick up cheap beer.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
                              X