Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What product support DVDMax at high res?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What product support DVDMax at high res?

Hi. I am currently using G450 Dual Head 16MB Graphic Card.
    However, at my desktop resolution of 1600x1200@85Hz 32bit color, only small video clips can be viewed on TV using DVDMAX feature.

I am only using TV for DVDMAX, not for clone mode or anything.

Anyway, in order to view high-res video clips using DVDMAX, I have to lower my refresh rate down to 70Hz (1600x1200@70Hz 32bit color).

I am not sure if G400 MAX will be able to handle the high-res movi clips with DVD-MAX feature at the same resolution (1600x1200@85Hz 32bit color).

If not, can Parhelia do it?

And what about P750?

Please help me deciding what to get.

Thanks.

Sang

Hi Sang
    I'm running a Parhelia on 1600x1200x32b at home, and no issues whatsoever with anything related to TV-Out (DVDMax, Clone, Region copy). Yup, I remember the times I had to lower screen resolution as well for DVDMax to work on the G450, glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Good luck,
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Re: What product support DVDMax at high res?

Originally posted by sangwooksohn
      Hi. I am currently using G450 Dual Head 16MB Graphic Card.
      However, at my desktop resolution of 1600x1200@85Hz 32bit color, only small video clips can be viewed on TV using DVDMAX feature.

I am only using TV for DVDMAX, not for clone mode or anything.

Anyway, in order to view high-res video clips using DVDMAX, I have to lower my refresh rate down to 70Hz (1600x1200@70Hz 32bit color).
      If I remembered correctly (I do remember that I got this problem too when I was using G400 16mb), this is to do with not having enough ram.

Go to control panel, and try playing with allocation of memory to the second head.

Your first head is currently using 7.5mb of memory, and don't forget that overlay requires additional memory too (dependent of resolution and colours).
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Anyway, where in Control Panel can I change the memory allocation for each head?

Thanks.

Sang

Comment

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced

Somewhere inside there.
          Sorry it has been too long.
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

instead of assigning less RAM to the second head, you better disable DH: Multi-Display completely, since that will free up all RAM for use for DVD-MAX.

Comment

Working...
            X