D-Link DI-604: The router that doesn't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Link DI-604: The router that doesn't make sense

This has me baffled, so feel free to add any suggestions...

My emule comp is set using a static dhcp to 192.168.1.100. When running this scenario my software firewall was/is set to disabled.

I went to the Advanced/Firewall settings and created a rule:
    Allow eMule_4662 WAN,* LAN,192.168.1.100 TCP,4662
    Simple enough. However, when I go HERE
    it replies that
    timeout : timeout on ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (6 sec)
    this means, that we even did not receive a
    RESET signal; maybe due to a 'stealth' firewall

Which revision?

Which firmware?
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Rev: E (Newest)
      Firmware: 3.20 (Latest)

Comment

Try opening ports from 4661 to 4663, it worked for me. Can't remeber if I did for tcp or udp or both

Comment

I'm not even trying to overcome that hurdle just yet. First I just want to see how to get a single port working to the computer...

Comment

I got the same error, and I don't think I have any firewalling turned on on my router.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I just said **** it and set the comp out in the DMZ to see if I could get a HighID from any emule server.... NADA. (This was after I confirmed that I could get a HighID when the router was taken out of the loop.)

Time for it to go. Had a BEFSR41 before this one, any recommendations for a higher quality router that works without hassle?

*edit* I was thinking of the Dell Truemobile 2300, but I haven't heard anything about the quality of Dell networking products. The review of the 2300 is promising:

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories
              Last edited by isochar; 30 September 2003, 13:50.

Comment

God, just called dell tech support to find out if the router supports static dhcp. Got some Indian telling me that it's not important for a conenction and only the WAN IP address is. After 5 minutes of trying to tell him that he is not answering my question, I gave up.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good router and tech support with english as their native language? :/

Comment

So did you try port forwarding or not?
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Port forwarding is called a "firewall rule" in the D-Link. It was referred to in my first post:

Allow eMule_4662 WAN,* LAN,192.168.1.100 TCP,4662

*edit* simple answer is yes sir

Comment

Ah. I thought that was something you had tried in your software browser. Such settings look very different in my Linksys.

And what browsers have you tried? The "test" doesn't seem to work in certain browsers.

Comment

mozilla/firebird, ie, opera...

Comment

For reference,

I set up my SX41 to forward TCP port 4662 to my main box, and the "test" worked fine under Firebird and IE.

Does the D-Link need to have the changes saved, or soft-rebooted or something?

Comment

It does. When you click "apply" the router brings you to another screen where it indicates the changes were saved. I think the hardware on the router might be defective - I saw the WAN and all the link lights go out for 5 seconds for no reason. The combination of these two problems i'm experiencing seems to point me toward it. :/

Comment

For my dlink-804, i usualy reboot it "just to be sure, to be sure"

Comment

Working...
                              X