TV out question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV out question

I want to output a signal from my computer to a TV in the bedroom. As I have an AIW card I an achieve this via the BOB easily. However I currently don't own any cables long enough.

I think i'm gonna need ~15Meters.

What is tha maximum cable length advisable for this sort of thing. I will be using 3 'phono' leads into a SCART adaptor that came with my XBOX.

The TV is only 14'', and the movies are compressed so the source is going to be pretty poor anyway.

On the other hand, I guess I could just run an ethernet cable to the XBOX and stream the movies off that instead.

If I remember correctly, SteveC has tried this??? What sort of modifications are needed, and what is the success rate???

If anyone can think of an easier way to do this then i am all ears

Cheers!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

i made a cable myself (17 meters), get high quality TV cable and high quality phono plugs.
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

How did you transport the audio?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
      X