Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own Segway!

Pretty neat
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

It uses 20 RC battery packs, holy moly! Just the batteries itself will cost a lot, but it's a cool little scooter.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

ROFL ... I can see custom modded, high speed personal scooters being the next true geek game, replacing Battle Bots and Robot Wars.

"John Walters fro Michigan is using a nice array Lithium ION batteries to power his 150 V racer over the obsticle course..."

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Still think I like a bicycle better
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

There is no redundancy or backup system. It is not even robustly made. Loose wires literally dangle out the bottom. In the fairly likely event of the software crashing, a wire coming loose, a component failing, or the batteries running low, the wheels will lock and the entire kinetic energy of the system will be used to accelerate my head toward the ground.
          ROFL
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, the Old Segway wasn't far behind as far as the "undocumented feature" of locking up when the batteries started to dump.

I'd kinda like to build a something with the parameters of the segway, but make it an abbreviated scooter instead.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

There is no redundancy or backup system. It is not even robustly made. Loose wires literally dangle out the bottom. In the fairly likely event of the software crashing, a wire coming loose, a component failing, or the batteries running low, the wheels will lock and the entire kinetic energy of the system will be used to accelerate my head toward the ground.
              LOL

Build it with an airbag that deploys when the damn thing locks up and throws you forward!
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                Still think I like a bicycle better
                Indeed.
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                X