Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P650 - OEM vs Retail?

Anyone know the differences?

I'm probably blind but can't find any reference on the Matrox site or forums or here.

Thanks.

Steve

There is no retail P650 last i checked.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

P750 = Retail
      P650 = Bulk
      OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

I think it got down in price as well a bit, its £115.00 inc. VAT. at dabs.com
        Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize products sold in the Matrox store could be bulk products. I'm buying from an online reseller who specified that their version is OEM.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup
            P750 = Retail
            P650 = Bulk
            *AND* you get _less_ features with the P650.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup
              P750 = Retail
              P650 = Bulk
              No no, the 650 is dual head, 750 is triple head, faster and actively cooled.
              For full specs, read the info on the Matrox web site.

Fred

Comment

I don't think Soupy needs to read the specs.

Comment

Soupy's answer is correct, but incomplete. It's true that there's no retail P650, nor is there an OEM P750. However, the two products are still quite different.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes there is an OEM 750

P750 64MB DDR AGP OEM
                    Mfr code: P75+
                    Quicklinx: 2Q8JWS
                    3 now
                    34 1-3 days £169.00
                    £143.83

Discover the latest products from the biggest names in tech at EE Store. Find deals and offers on gaming, laptops, TVs, home phones, smart home systems and more
                    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Originally posted by fberger
                      No no, the 650 is dual head, 750 is triple head, faster and actively cooled.
                      For full specs, read the info on the Matrox web site.

Fred
                      I wasn't inferring that the two products are identical except for their packaging. I just wanted to point out that P750 is only available as a retail version and P650 as bulk. I'm clear on the differences between the two boards.
                      OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Okay Soupy, is there an OEM P750 or not? Kast seems to have found one.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Okay Soupy, is there an OEM P750 or not? Kast seems to have found one.
                          I'm only familiar with the North American channel. If there is one floating around Europe, it would be news to me. It's definitely not out of the question.
                          OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

Comment

Haven't seen one yet. I can have about anything from the G450LX upwards...bulk or not...

Now it's very possible there is one on the gray market, but then it's from one of the OEM's that's reselling overstock, not official.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt

Now it's very possible there is one on the gray market, but then it's from one of the OEM's that's reselling overstock, not official.
                              definitely not unheard of.
                              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

Comment

Working...
                              X