Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G450eTV VidCap won't work on WinXP Movie Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450eTV VidCap won't work on WinXP Movie Maker?

I upgraded to WinXP, and there is an aplication - WIndows Movie Maker - included. As the G450eTV is also a basic capture card, I wish to use its capabilities to record programs from TV or the line-in using the Vidcap driver of Matrox G450eTV - but it seems INCOMPATIBLE ...

Even if i try to Change Device - Configure and select different video formats & resolutions, I always get these error messges:

"Can't capture video. The video source is unstable or video standard is not correctly set"

"An error has occurred with your capture device. Check that it is configured properly and try again. If necessary, refer to the documentation for the capture device for more information"

I read somewhere that it's because of the non-standard 704x480 resolution but I have settings like 640x480 or other encoding methods, to no avail.

Would anyone know of possible settings that would allow Movie Maker to capture/record from a G450eTV?

I have tried driver 5.82 and 5.84 from the Matrox website, and VideoTool 2.10

Are there better versions of VidCap drivers or substitutes that work with G450eTV?
    Neo 875P + P4 @ 2.4GHz
    512MB
    Matrox G450eTV
    Maxtor 80GB 7200rpm
Working...
X