P650 + Homeworld 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P650 + Homeworld 2

Has anyone here tried running Homeworld 2 w/ a Matrox P650? If so, how'd it run?

Just curious, thanks in advance.
    Peace,
    Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu

Works fine. The game on the other hand, keeps kicking my butt.

Comment

Oh? I'm curious what your other hardware specifications are. On my Parhelia, Homeworld 2 runs at about 3-10 FPS, no matter how I try to tweak it.

EDIT: Never mind. I found a thread about HW2 on Matrox' forum, with some tips for improving the performance.
      Last edited by albatorsk; 2 October 2003, 12:25.

Comment

Asus PCP800-E-Dlx
        2.6c P4
        1 gig of HyperX Corsair
        Plays fine, but I spend most of my time in map mode anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Prospero
          Asus PCP800-E-Dlx
          2.6c P4
          1 gig of HyperX Corsair
          Plays fine, but I spend most of my time in map mode anyway.

nice rig you got there

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk
            Oh? I'm curious what your other hardware specifications are. On my Parhelia, Homeworld 2 runs at about 3-10 FPS, no matter how I try to tweak it.

EDIT: Never mind. I found a thread about HW2 on Matrox' forum, with some tips for improving the performance.
            Uh, I don't think Homeworld 2 will run on a Cyrix 386SX!

But seriously, how much of an improvement did you see after you finished tweaking?
            Peace,
            Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
              nice rig you got there
              Thanks. I upgraded recently. It's my editing box with an RTX10 in it, along with tv tuner card. I needed it stable as hell, and the particular hyperx ram I bought was on the compatibility list. Cost an arm and a leg, but so far worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanlucpikachu
                Uh, I don't think Homeworld 2 will run on a Cyrix 386SX!
                It's a dual 1800, so the CPU power should be sufficient.

But seriously, how much of an improvement did you see after you finished tweaking?
                None, actually. I raised my AGP aperture from 128 to 256, and the framerate went "all the way" up to 15-20FPS. But then I noticed the same thing that had happened to the others, the textures was gone. So I guess that explains the higher FPS. My dxdiag reports AGP texturing support as enabled, so that's not the problem, and I'm using the AMD AGP chipset drivers.

Comment

If you play HW2 or the Demo, then please help matrox to fix this Problem with the missing Textures. At the Moment, they got this Problem only with athlon boards - with the exception of me using an Asus P4G8X.

Btw: I'm using a Parhelia, but it rums pretty smoth with the details turned down and using an apperture size of 8 mb (which kicks me from 8500 3dmarks to 5000 for example )
                  I'd say you'll have pretty slow framerates, but since it's a RTS, you should be able to play it.

Comment

Working...
                  X