• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are we waiting for?

Let's test out this new UT server!

Re: So what are we waiting for?

A general consensus on when.

Comment

Anytime this weekend. Thankfully all our MI servers are down at work for the weekend (whilst they paint the server room pink or something ) so I have no excuse to be in the office... thank god. I'll pop on and off the server all weekend I guess. (London time for those interested).
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Hopped on to the server for a little practice run, I forgot how much of a punch the old rocket launcher packs.

Comment

I'll be there as soon as it's upgraded to Jedi Academy

I don't even have the old UT anymore. I gave that away months ago to a pal who's always 2-3 years behind on his games.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If anyone wants to hop on, now would be the time. We've got a good little game going here.

Comment

Well maybe not, but perhaps later today.

Comment

yeah! good game. Was rather rusty at first...

damn geeky's good
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                  yeah! good game. Was rather rusty at first...

damn geeky's good
                  He does ok

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                    I'll be there as soon as it's upgraded to Jedi Academy

I don't even have the old UT anymore. I gave that away months ago to a pal who's always 2-3 years behind on his games.
                    Well since I hardly have time to play the games I own, I'd say the chance of a JK3 server is either slim or none. Unless of course someone buys me the game and I win the CA State Lottery

Comment

how about running "Unreal Tournament 2003 Gateway v1.3" with the server?

The Unreal Tournament 2003 Gateway is a gateway application that intercepts traffic between the Epic Masterservers and your UT server. More specifically, the gateway drops packets from the masterserver that was meant to tell your UT server to disconnect users due to invalid CD-keys. This can be good if you've misplaced your CD-Key =).
                      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie

The Unreal Tournament 2003 Gateway is a gateway application that intercepts traffic between the Epic Masterservers and your UT server. More specifically, the gateway drops packets from the masterserver that was meant to tell your UT server to disconnect users due to invalid CD-keys. This can be good if you've misplaced your CD-Key =).
                        /me votes for this option, than i finally will be able to connect more than 10 seconds. Just tried the UT (original) server this weekend but no people where logged in.

Question: If i try to optize UT (original) with the apptimezer for surround gaming i'm not able to run it higher than 640x480 (options screen says 1920) and my gun and crosshair is way to big. How can I solve this (already tested the hud option in powerdesk but no go.) And if i try to do this from within the game it returns to windowed mode.

btw: with the new drivers this crashes if you don't choose an opengl version (which is empty on default entering)

Comment

I wasn't going to respond to this......

Originally posted by knirfie

Not possible for me to do.
                          Servers are remotely located and I only have control of the actual game content.

Besides, why don't you buy the game, if you like it?

Comment

wingie: The game is limited to 1920x480, there is no way to increase that.

Comment

I hardly ever play it, so i dont want to waste €50 on it, if i knew i was gonna play a lot i would consider it...
                              Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Working...
                              X