No announcement yet.

Has VIA really improved with K8T800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought that the Nforce Boards had IDE issues too..well read that over [h] sooo taking it with a grain of salt
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

No surprises really, crappy drivers buggy chipsets whats new. Yeh I heard Nvidea had a problem with sata and disabled it. Still one review doesn't make a summer.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

VIA? Improved? ROFL.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, if I were to buy a Hammer system now, I woluld choose a VIA chipset, nV have problems with the HyperTransport between the CPU and the chipset. And VIA only have a isse with a IDE driver as far as I have understood....

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            Well I thought that the Nforce Boards had IDE issues too..well read that over [h] sooo taking it with a grain of salt
            They do have issues too... Maxtor even declares all results found with their PowerMax HDD diagnostic utility on their drives irrelevant when tested with nForce chipset. Appearantly the IDE gives funny results in this utility (and I've seen lots of weird behaviour of nForce2 boards in windows to on IDE... not on all boards though, so it's a kind of hit or miss thing).

Raptor:

what about VIA's PCI implementation? Does it suddenly, miraculously NOT suck? I doubt it, especially in an environment where PCI performance is very important (entry level servers with 64bit/66Mhz PCI slots).
            Last edited by dZeus; 26 September 2003, 08:44.

Comment

Ayuh. I'll wait until SiS offers a hammer chipset, thanks.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

They do
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
                  Well, if I were to buy a Hammer system now, I woluld choose a VIA chipset, nV have problems with the HyperTransport between the CPU and the chipset. And VIA only have a isse with a IDE driver as far as I have understood....
                  Ide crappy driver corrupted hard disk knowing via. SIS only for me maybe next summer.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X