Kazaa sues the RIAA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kazaa sues the RIAA!

Kazaa is suing the RIAA for using illegal copies of it's copyrighted software to enter the Kazaa netowrk. And also for breaking the EULA for terms of network usage by badgering Kazaa users.

Oh the irony of it all.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Looool!!!

And Yes, they cant deny that - they had to post what they did to win the courtorder.

Ohhhh. Great...

~~DukeP~~

Comment

hehe, what goes around comes around!

Comment

Woohoo
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

ROFL
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

God, I would have like being in the room when the Kazaa staff thought this up. It's just brilliant.

Paul

Comment

They were probably in the pub when they thought it up
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Man I'd love to see this one go through and the RIAA end up having to pay a $hitload to the Kazaa guys.

Comment

I love it!
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

ROFL that;s so great!

Comment

That is so funny.
                      --Insert something here--

Comment

Hopefully the RIAA will go bankrupt and we can all happily resume downloading our favourite music

btw can anyone be sued by the RIAA? including people who don't live in the United States?

Comment

Recording Industry Association of America, as the name implies it's US only.
                          That doesn't mean they can't give funny ideas to the equivalent body in your country, government organization, police department or whomever is supposed to deal with copyright issues.
                          Last edited by Admiral; 26 September 2003, 04:23.

Comment

Shaman Networks in an Australian Company~ So far i heard of nothing concerning the copyright issue ~ do i need to be worried? I dont want to be sued for like 15 grand

Comment

This depends on whether the country u are in has any conditions in the trade agreements with US.
                              here in singapore, u can be sued by RIAA as software/media rights is part of the FreeTradeAgreement with the US.
                              Quite a few have already been sued and RIAA got around USD1500 or more per person
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X