Asus A7N8X-X : Not half bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7N8X-X : Not half bad

I bought a cheap A7N8X-X to replace a dead old KT133 board on my wife´s computer, but I ended up assembling it on mine, replacing the trustworthy Asrock SiS 746FX I got.

Well, I´m quite pleased. Relatively cheap, nicely built, excelent layout. The installation was painless, everything works as it should, it´s nice to have voltages and multiplier control back. The 2600+ is running nicely @ 2250Mhz on a 180Mhz bus. Performance took quite a boost, these nforce things are really fast. Stability is very good, it just ran a prime95 torture test without errors.

So after a bad nForce2 experience (Soltek board semi-DOA), I do recommend this board. It doesn´t have the dual-channel thingie, but this platform doesn´t really need it, the nforce2 400 actually proves to be sometimes faster than the ultra on dual-channel mode, and it give a much greater memory configuration flexibility.

Still a word of apreciation for the mighty 2 year old Crucial PC2100, that still does 180 Mhz without a hicup
    Last edited by Nuno; 25 September 2003, 06:46.

I run the very same board here at work
    XP2500+ @ 3200+ .. this is with an AMD stock cooler .. no unexplained crashes
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I got the Deluxe version. Have troubles in dual channel mode, btu with oine stick its just fine. Gonna turn the CAS a bit slkower and see how it fares, then put the FSB up maybe. Other than that, perfectly happy with this stuff.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I just setup my bro with the Asus board adn the 2500+. He loves it and has had no problems. Very nice board IMO.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
        X