Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the fieldorder of the TV-output ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the fieldorder of the TV-output ?

Hello!

I am using my computer to cut DV-videos and I want to view the results on my TV-set attached to my Marvel G400. DV, DVD and the old Rainbow-Runner Studio all use fieldorder "A". Unfortunily the Marvel displays the fields the other way around (fieldorder B) so the output on TV flickers a lot.
    I know, that it is possible to de-interlace the picture - but this results in losing 25 fields per second and is not sufficent for checking the DV-video quality.
    I also know that it is possible for Marvel g400 to change the fieldorder in exacly the way I would need - but so far I was unable to activate that feature. (I am sure about that, because
    1. the Marvel plays RR-Studio MJPEG videos (which were encoded with fieldorder "A") without flickering or deinterlacing on TV-out.
    2. sometimes it works for a few seconds with my DV-videos. When I pause the playback and continue it. After that fews second the Marvel changes the fieldorder back to the wrong order and it flickers again.)

My system:
    - Matrox Marvel g400
    - Win2000, also tried on Win98 (same effect on both OS's)
    - Driver: 5.20.016 (also tried 5.06.031 and on Win98 I used 5.55.022)
    - PAL TV

Matthias.

At one time there was a utility issued by Matrox for doing this conversion. It was back when the G200-TV first came out and the RRS users wanted to do this converson. Problem is I can't find it in my collection nor on the Matrox site.

Maybe Haig or one of other betas have it laying around. U guys listening?

Alternatively you could load the clips in question into MSPro6 and do a field order change using the context menu tool. Save it back out and you're in business.

The Matrox tool would be a lot easier....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

> At one time there was a utility issued by Matrox for doing this conversion. It was back when the G200-TV first came out and the RRS users wanted to do this converson.

Thats exactly what I need. So if anyone still has this utility please reply! Do you remenber the filename? Then, maybe a ftp-search could bring me further.

> Alternatively you could load the clips in question into MSPro6 and do a field order change using the context menu tool. Save it back out and you're in business.

Right, but the files would be worthless for recording back to DV-Cameras/VCRs, creating DVDs and for allmost any other purpose.

Matthias.

Comment

Working...
      X