Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most hated piece of Software.....

That your forced to use?

My Picks are Sun's Java 2 Runtime and Quicktime. Java kills the performance on my P3-800 I'm using at work (Pauses the machine for 5-10 seconds till it done loading) and Quicktime just plain sucks and makes trillain flicker when ever its on.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

None for me, but my best candidate would be RealAudio (which I have chosen not to use).
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I pick Excel and Adaytum (a multi-dimensional database/spreadsheet type package). I really have a love/hate relationship with both programs - because I spend most of my working life at the moment using them.

Excel is generally quite good, but it struggles with more than 2.5 dimensions when you're analysing and modelling data. Even using pivot tables, which themselves can be pretty nasty, it's just not built for my needs most of the time.

Adaytum on the otherhand is built for exactly my purposes. It's essentially a tool for modelling numbers on with an arbitary number of dimensions. But its memory management just plain sucks, so in reality I'm limited to about 6 dimensions in my models, which is never quite enough. And using it for anything remotely serious means shutting off every other piece of software running on the machine and also closing Adaytum down and re-starting it every hour or so, just so that it doesn't throw too many wobblies.

Now you can also plug Excel and Adaytum together, but then you lose the speed of Adaytum on its own, but bring the piss-poor memory management with you. Bleh. At least you can quickly and easily produce pretty charts that way though

I bet you weren't expecting these two picks GT98
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
        None for me, but my best candidate would be RealAudio (which I have chosen not to use).
        Ever since it's been RealOne, it's been nothing but crap hog. I absolutely refuse to install it, on any of my systems.

Comment

Winrar!

Comment

Real is one of the worst software in the universe. QuickTime sucks too.
            ACDSee from version 4 is a dump of sh**
            Winamp 3 shouldn't have existed.
            Each software Sony makes/bundle is just a big bug !
            System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

beyone Quicktime and realaudio, where both programs think they can take over playing media files, they then later cannot play, I nominate MS Word.. not for just plain typing where it does a nice enough job.. I hate it when there are pictures involved. I have tried resizing a picture on a page in word, only to have it randomly move this picture more than a page away from where I had it..
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Realaudio for sure.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Quicktime!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I hate Real, and everything put out by Computer Associates.
                    --Insert something here--

Comment

Computer Associates TNG Crap is the top of my list!
                      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

as everyone else, Real.

Comment

Real ANYTHING
                          anything made by gAyOL
                          Quicktime
                          LOTUS NOTES
                          LOTUS NOTES
                          LOTUS NOTES

Comment

1) Real
                            2) Gain (the worst software package ever - comes with extremely useful crap like PrecisionTime, DateManager )
                            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I also hear that people hate "Steam"

Comment

Working...
                              X