Video corruption on P750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video corruption on P750

Did anyone ever noticed the strange video corruption displayed in pictures (across the first 1/3 of the screen only) when viewing MPEG video under Windows XP. I have 11 files and all display the same artifacts (several short horizontal one centimeter green bars appearing and disappearing constantly) and the same files with my G400MAX are perfect (no artifacts).

This is not a bad installation issue since I was able to observe the same pattern on two other different Windows XP installments (I am using several HD racks with various or similar OS for software development). The only consistency is that I was using Window Media Player 9 in all cases (did not have the time to check with other MPEG viewers).

DC
    Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

At first sight this sounds like a codec issue (have seen the same issue with xvid, it sometimes shows green artifacts), have you tested the G400 on the same PC or on another one?
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Sounds like it could also be bad video RAM. Still, software first.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

At first sight this sounds like a codec issue (have seen the same issue with xvid, it sometimes shows green artifacts), have you tested the G400 on the same PC or on another one?
        KeiFront, even if I have a hard time believing that it could be a codec issue happening on three different installment of Windows XP (and that on three separate Hard Drives) it may be the case (but why is it now visible with my P750?). I have used my G400 on two of these OS for more than a year (before switching video card).

Sounds like it could also be bad video RAM. Still, software first.
        Wombat, I also thought about this possibility (bad video RAM) but like you I am more inclined to double check the software

Additional observation: The green artifacts are not present when using QuickTime and DivX.

DC
        Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

Comment

Hi Cold

It's a problem on the Parhelia as well. I guess you are trying the new DivX 5.1. In Windows Media Player it's a problem, report it on the Matrox site as I did. I got it working once by removing and installing the codec again.

The player from DivX will work without a problem.
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

It's a problem on the Parhelia as well. I guess you are trying the new DivX 5.1. In Windows Media Player it's a problem, report it on the Matrox site as I did. I got it working once by removing and installing the codec again.
            Hi Peter Aragon

Is that so... and that right, I am trying the new DivX 5.1. I will follow your recommendation (re report it on the Matrox site and nag Haig about it )

Thanks for your replies (KeiFront, Wombat & Peter Aragon).

DC

Comment

Hi Cold

As you will see I have started a Thread in the PureVideo/DVDMax forum. My guess is that you a one monitor setup and have the TV configured as a feature display. It could be specific for DVDMax....

Peter
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
              X