what is wrong with ppl these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is wrong with ppl these days

my greatest deilema of the year 2003 (well just summed it up in this year) is that all of my freinds seem to have forgotten the defenition of the friend....

i have no explenation for this .... but its one hell of an epidemic.. there are certain people that i care alot about and that i concider as close.... close enugh to share intimit secrets with... all in all i am described by people to be overly nice.. in the too good to be true sence of the word.. i dont have outstanding quarals with any one... even the people that one might consider as my mortal enemies have respect for me..... i am always there when someone needs my help.... no i dont impose my help... i wait till i am asked.... but i do make it cleaer to them that if they need me i am always ready to help.... i have a feeling that even the people i consider closets to me have begun to take me for granted.....

one freind in particular that i care about quite alot no longer calles me, talks to me, aknolages my existance unless she needs something from me... like an editing project.. musc... instructions on the use of AV ecuipment.... it wasent always like this... she used to be more conversive with me.... and i cant think of anything that i have done to make her take a cold distance away from me.... when she dosent need me and we are at the same location it is as if i am invisible to her....

i am very fond of this person and i considered her as my only true freind.... i mean i would have expected this from every one else (which is the case) but not from her.... its prety painfull.... i can make no heads or tales of the mater....

all the people i know respect and speek highly of me.... yet i am afraid that they do this on a profetional level only... no longer on a social level.... it feels lonly.... yes i know i have my wife and i love her more than anything and anyone in the univers and the multivers.... but hell i still feel lonly especialy since my wife and i still dont live under the same roof together (long story made short, neither of us has enugh money to get our own place....)

i feel like shit......

why are my freinds distencing themselves form me..... why are all my relationships drifting apart..... arggggg..
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

People suck
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

well i like to think not.. but my faith in people has dwindled considrably... i like to see what is good in them rather than their what is bad..... but i do keep thier bad points in mind but i never jugthem by those points
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

My faith in people dwindled many years ago to the point that even with my friends and family I have to constantly think of how far I can trust them both in their intelligence and competance. The family member I trust the most is a cousin and the friend is in South Carolina (10 hours away). They both would tell me to my face if something was wrong, would be willing to compliment me or even insult me as appropriate, and though they have their own priorities would offer to do things for me with or without asking and vice-versa.

Do not completely lose faith in humanity. Just get better at picking those you trust.

Comment

I feel lucky to have found 4 GREAT friends. They are loyal, never judgmental, always honest and you can tell them anything and they are always there to help.

But I do know what your talking about Spiral, it's very painful, but sometimes you can't change things. Some people just don't know a good thing when they see it.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Got fried too many times with so called best friends. Right now I consider people to be tolerable and lethal acquaintances.
            My way of saying people I get along with (friends) and people I know and don't like (foes/potential foes).

Comment

how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Spiral was born 12/1/1977 (In his profile) so he is 25 years old.

Comment

Spiral, have you thought about asking her about it? Maybe she doesn't notice she acts that way...

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You have friends here, don't you?
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

i am 25.. i have talked to her and the others about this... they all asure me that i am just being paranoid... yet things keep getting wors... its just as if they want to keep me close enugh to use what i have to offer but not close enugh to consider as an importent freind.... especialy her... especial all the hard times and obsticals we faced together... if you all recall the univerisity issue some time long ago.. i posted it during the days of the sopbox... mebers of the faculty where being unjust to us... we fought them and exposed them together.... we both lead the student uprising that led to the saking off several university officals on grounds of coruption.... (not mutch has changed though but things are getting better) when she was going through the worst time of her life and could not rely on her boyfreind... i was there for here to comfort here.... i was even sucsful in maing her realise that taking the easy way out from life was not the answer... but as of 6 month ago things changed and she stated taking her distence .. calling me only when she needs my assitance with some project or the other... i will give you yesterday as an example,...... she had a project to edit and was suposed to come over to my place at 1pm... she called at 1:30 and said she was not going to make it becuse she could not get the tapes.. one might think that since she already freed up this time frame she might aswell come over and spend some time with me.... when i said i wanted to see her and talk to her she just said i dosnt have time then she said bye and propltly hun up.......

i am confused .....

Comment

Sadly she sounds like a user and not a true friend. Next she wants something blow her out.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Give her consequences. If she keeps using you like this you've got to give her consequences. She'll get angry. If she does care for you, she'll feel bad and at least talk about it. If she does not, listen to The Pit.
                          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 21 September 2003, 08:39.

Comment

yeh.. isupose that is all i can do now ,,, just nit the type of person to be making concicuences

Comment

The only good friend is a dead friend.
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                              X