Gurm needs a job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurm needs a job.

Ok, this is a SERIOUS topic. Whatever you might think about my personal views, I know my stuff in IT and web design/programming etc.

Anyone in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area (I'm in Natick, MA so anything up to and including Manchester is a doable commute) know any openings? I'm not looking for a lot of dough, just a job.

- Gurm

P.S. Resume available on request, not gonna waste the server space posting it.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Go for the big one Go for Presidant.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

@PIT:

@Gurm: Sorry, can't help you. Just wanted to wish you luck, whatever I may think about your personal views...

Comment

do you have a job at all currently hun?
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I agree with TP.. go into politics. With your mouth going up against all the lefty liberals up there it would be quite a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
            do you have a job at all currently hun?
            I think currently he is a stay at home Dad first due to trouble getting a job and then due to the many unusual health problems. Good luck Gurm!

Comment

You could always run for govenor in California.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm with Jammrock!
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

ROFL.

Yeah they'll let anyone on the ballot there.

Yeah I'm currently a stay-at-home Dad. My company in Pennsylvania got sold, so I was laid off, and the market there was garbage. And up here hasn't been much better.

I've gotten a lot of "you're overqualified", "we can't pay you what you're worth", "you are too good for this job", etc. etc.

I had one job nearly lined up and the guy balked at the last minute. "You have too much development experience, you don't really want a boring IT job and I'm afraid I'll lose you the minute a programming job is available."

He didn't want to hear that I have a family to care for and I'd be PERFECTLY HAPPY doing NT admin if it's a STABLE position that would let me take some night classes and double our household income. Sheesh.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm,

Maybe you should start taloring your resume to the postion that your applying for so that you arent showing them that you have too much experance for what they are looking for?
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Oh wow you live in Natick? I'm in Hopkinton, work in Waltham. Lemmie see if we're hiring any IT or anything like that.

Comment

Can't help you, but I sincerely wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                          Gurm,

Maybe you should start taloring your resume to the postion that your applying for so that you arent showing them that you have too much experance for what they are looking for?
                          This is the way to do it.

Comment

Your not the only one who needs a job Gurm.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah, but that's not his problem. He's getting interviews, but when they start asking is when trouble happens.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X