Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Burke Sighted?!??

Working sample pic.

Who makes that card? I remember hearing about it awhile back.

Comment

S3, wasn'it ?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Mhmmm...Via

hmm...drivers (edit: where's that vomiting smiley that somebody once made?)
        Last edited by Nowhere; 18 September 2003, 11:23.

Comment

Tech-Report has a "preview".

Comment

...but edge AA is limited to 2X supersampling at resolutions up to 1024x768
            Assuming everything else goes smooth, this part doesn't sound quite good. Maybe the resolution isn't such a big concern, but they could've certainly used something better than 2X supersampling.

Comment

According to DaveB/B3D it's because of the style of deferred rendering that they use. They have to store the information required for deferring and FSAA both, so with more samples it will take up too much memory.

Comment

Wait a second, look here. The PDF says that it will have supersampling, but also 16x multisampling. Hmm, either S3's lying or TR got mixed up (maybe I'm mixed up? ).

Comment

TR's Scott says that S3 made it very clear that it would be limited to 2x Supersampling, hmm... Broken promises already???

Comment

more like broken hardware as in S3 tradition.

Comment

ok, i wasn't aware there is already a thread on delta chrome, so i may as well copy the stuff to here

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                        Mhmmm...Via

hmm...drivers (edit: where's that vomiting smiley that somebody once made?)
                        Look for it in the "Site Feedback" forum. Look for "drooling smilie" hehe.

Edit: Found it! http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...246#post366246
                        Last edited by ZokesPro; 20 September 2003, 20:51.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

more delta chrome previews

Comment

What is that round middle connector ? 3Dlabs has connectors like that for stereo-vision (sync for shutterglasses), could it be the same here ?

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It looks like a standard a tv-out.
                              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
                              X