X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way it's meant to be patched

Interesting Beyond3D thread

...about NVidia's latest PR tactics.

Just thought I should spread the word - the more that know about the real performance of the GFFX's, the less they'll be able to pull this sort of stunt.

Gnep
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

LOL with all the resources at nv. I wonder how they come up with chips so much inferior of ATI's. At least ATI's headquarter is much smaller than nV's.

well, good for ATI they completely won the FPS war that nV started

Comment

Is Nvidia really trying to alieniate their userbase??
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Re: The way it's meant to be patched

Originally posted by GNEP
        Re: The way it's meant to be patched
        Sounds like an Microsoft slogan (Was the first thing that poped up in my mind when I read the topic title).
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

It's actually a reference to the "The way it's meant to be played" NVidia marketing campaign...
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I know
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Matrox, the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

I wonder how they come up with chips so much inferior of ATI's
                Nvidia´s problem is that ATi wisely choose to implement full DX9 features without compromises with its R3x0 architecture. If you look backwards, all the shiny new Nvidia cards excelled at previous DirectX version and choked a bit with the newest thing. But that didn´t matter, because all benchmarks were based on previous Dx and, let´s face it, until R300 the competition was 1 or 2 steps behind. It was also a good reason to release NVx5 6 months later,
                The original GeForce was severely bandwidth crippled. Even the Geforce DDR and Geforce2 never took advantage of Dx7 T&L because there wasn´t any real T&L games and even if they existed, they would run like crap because the cards still were very bandwidth limited. Enter the Geforce3. Good DX7 performance, slooow DX8 implementation. Bring GF4 - double DX8 power, still not great, but throw a bit of aniso or AA and it´ll crawl. Now it´s time for the mighty FX5800. Great DX8 performance, slow DX9 performer. A good time for FX5900 - double the bandwidth and DX9 performance.

See the pattern? If ATi R300 never existed or if it was a flaw, everyone would still be raving about the geforces. But it was such a success, that Nvidia didn´t even saw it coming. So it had to rush an overclocked NV30, the NV35 just after that, and it´s still not enough...

Comment

Working...
                X