lines on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lines on screen

someone can tell me why when i'm capturing a digital video from my dig. camera via firewire the result movie have a lot of little lines on the screen, that are most visibles when i pause the play.
    or when there's a fast action in the capture (eg. the camera zoom or move fast from a subject to another)
    i've thinked is the digital driver, or the program i use to capture, but the prob is present also with others tools in capturing.
    Other option in my mind was the field (upper or lower or none) in capturing, but i've tried with EVERY option, DAMN.
    please someone can help me?
    i continue to prefere my old hi8 movies, and that's incredible,thinking on what price have my new camera.

Read here:

http://www.100fps.com/

You will understand............

Comment

That is known as interlaceing. If you intend to view the movie on a computer monitor you will have to de-interlace it.
      The site proposed by Connex is exelent.

Tanti saluti,

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

thanx for the reply, so i have to convert *EVER* a video captured from my digital camera? or there's' a good other DV codec ???

Comment

It is not a matter of DV codecs. If you capture to a full frame size (PAL 720x576) you will get interlaceing and will have to de-interlace.

Debbie

Comment

Don't de-interlace if your final production is targeted for tape or DVD viewing on a TV set! TV is interlaced.

That's why Matrox makes video boards with TV out for the video overlay so you can get a better idea of what your video really looks like.

--wally.

Comment

got it

understood , i want to publish on dvd AND on PC so the final decision is to do 2 separate version on movie, one interlaced for the TV (with a dvd set) and the other de-interlaced for the PC.
              So now anyone can tell me a good deinterlacer? or a good filter for deinterlacing videos? i tried several options, but without luck, so tips are welcome!!!

Comment

For de-interlaceing you can use TMPGEnc, it has a set of filters that works very well. Again, if you require your material for DVD you will still have to encode your movies in MPEG.

TMPGEnc will convert your movie to MPEG-2 and also de-interlace it. Using filters (de-interlace) will make the encoding take more time but your movie will be equally good for DVD and computer monitor.

Debbie

Comment

filters

which kind of filters do you use in tmpeg?
                  is better tmpeg or other mpeg2 converters like canopus procoder or CCE?
                  please help me to find the best one

Comment

In my opinion TMPGEnc is an outstanding MPEG encoder that gives very good results. I am sure that quite a lot of contributors to this forum agree.

As to which filter to use; TMGEnc has a wide selection, you will have to experiment and choose the right one.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                    X