Bye-bye CS 1.5, hello Steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye-bye CS 1.5, hello Steam!

Valve is going to start shutting down their WON ID servers this week and start forcing everyone to switch over to CS 1.6, which is the first Steam Powered version of Counter Strike. Better start downloading ... the lines to download are pretty long right now.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

ahh krap

I guess that effects DOD as well

Comment

All Hlaf-life mods will now be Steam Games.

On a crappy note, I got Steam with HL and CS installed last night and tried to jump into a CS game ... Authentication Failed!

That may be because the game I wanted to join is still running CS 1.5. We'll see though. The install takes forever though.

The new interface is pretty nice, though.

Jammrock

Comment

i have tried to download steam some time now. it always get aborted i think ill try bittorrent. will probably get better speed

Comment

that didnt really work out operation timed out

btw, do you need the full steam installer,Counter-Strike Steam Installer or Half-Life Steam Installer?

Comment

No. When you install Steam it will ask what games you wish to play with Steam, if those components are not installed in the Steam cache they will be downloaded via Steam. Whether Steam is more reliable than other downloads, who knows.

Give FilePlanet.com a try if you are having troubles getting Steam. You may have to wait in line for a while, but their transfer rates rule and are very stable. They have a Europe server too I believe.

Jammrock

Comment

i actually found a page with some links, so if anyone else have any trouble, check it out: http://www.cscentral.com/dl/dl.php?1226

Comment

Working...
              X