Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 7.20 Beta 10!

Yes I know I'm going on your nerves

I wouldn't write about this beta if it wouldn't introduce a feature to finally catch up with and overtake moz again:

A middle mouse click can now open links in several ways. I have longed for that feature for a long time!

AZ
    Attached Files
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Middle click to open in a variety of ways has been in Moz for ages I have it set to "open link in new tab" and yes, it's VERY useful.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Now that's super smart.

How far away is the final to 7.2?

Comment

Hey don't touch the functionality of the sacred auto-scroll button! Heathens!!!

Comment

Amen

Comment

woo!
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You need auto scroll with a wheel?
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Gives me more flexibility on long pages than setting a too high value for how many lines the wheel should scrool.
                Plus, you don't have to keep spinning the wheel.
                Last edited by Admiral; 12 September 2003, 12:50.

Comment

Guys, thx for that tip, always been wondering how to open in new tab more easily..... LOL. I hate it when I think by myself that I really should RTFM.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    You need auto scroll with a wheel?
                    That's what I said, besides I hate auto-scroll anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                      Gives me more flexibility on long pages than setting a too high value for how many lines the wheel should scrool.
                      Plus, you don't have to keep spinning the wheel.
                      I've done all I can do kill auto-scroll on my machine, so I can't test this out, but:

Shouldn't auto-scroll still work if you press MOUSE3 while <B>not</B> over a link?
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

GNEP: I know middle button click to open new page was in moz since long ago (and in Opera for Linux), didn't know it was that configurable though.

RhinoZ: According to their board, the final is drawing near. They've been releasing betas on a nearly semi-daily basis for a while now, and they have become quite stable, VERY fast, and add a lot of small enhancements like this one. 7.20 will almost feel like a new major release, IMHO.

dZeus:You can still auto-scroll if you either don't click on a link, or set the middle button click to "do not open link" and click anywhere you like.

Wombat, you're 100% correct

BTW, you can configure what button 3 does by shift-clicking the wheel at any time (7.20b10 only, of course)

AZ

Comment

Oh my god! They released Beta 11!

AZ

Comment

Impressive release schedule and it only gets better and better!!!
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X