Anyone here used a Netgeqar DG814

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here used a Netgeqar DG814

With firmware revision 4.3 everything worked fine.

Netgear are now upto revision 4.8. I have found that all of these newer revisions cause my connection to stall...

This hasn't been a problem as i have just sticked with v4.3. However, the pile 'o crap that is Virgin, need revision 4.6 and above for propper authentication.

I now have to chose between a stable, fast conmnection, but with no http access. Or full http access with random stalling.

I would like to get to the bottom of this one way or another.

Netgear are unresponsive.

Virgin dont support routers and recommend that you buy their PCI modem.

Bah.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Turn off the 5 second inactivity logout. Worked for me. I presume by stalls you mean you keep getting dns errors.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Re: Anyone here used a Netgeqar DG814

Originally posted by Paddy
      Virgin dont support routers and recommend that you buy their PCI modem.

Bah.
      Same thing everywhere and it sucks to hear that BS over and over agan
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The timeout is set to 0
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Good customer service in my experience to date: Dlink and Buffalo. (24/7 knowledgeable phone support)
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Any other advice, except to go and buy a Dlink

Comment

Go buy a Drink?
              Last edited by GNEP; 12 September 2003, 03:19.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

you are not alone Paddy!

The devices affected appear to be Asus EV/Bi/Vi models, Solwise SAR703, SAR705/715, SAR715PV, Netgear DG814 and D-Link DSL-604. It is believed that some other Netgear and D-Link models may be affected as well.

The ISP that this issue initially appeared with was Nildram, but recently Eclipse users are starting see problems. The issue appears to resolve around the release of the 622Mbps BT Central product.
                They're still working on a fix.................

Comment

BT again say no more.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeh! I have found a firmware revision that seems to work.

v4.7 works fine and authenticates.

(at least it does for now!)

Comment

Went down at 8pm. I hope that that's a one off... even if it gives me 30mins-1hour between stalls would be great.

I have signed up for the 1MB connection with Zen.
                      I'll have to make do with this until the beginning of October.

Comment

Must have just been a blip. Its still working fine now

Comment

Working...
                        X