Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats are the differents revision of Parhelia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats are the differents revision of Parhelia ?

Hi all.
    Just new on this forum.
    Just whant to know if there are differents hardware revision of Parhelia ? If yes, where can I have informations on that topic ( like issues ) ?

Thank you
    + Ducati M900 S4, fast ferracci, full floating disk Brembo

At present, there is but one Parhelia.

It comes in the following versions:

Bulk 128mb, bulk 256mb, retail 128mb, retail 256mb.

All are AGP4x. All except the retail 128mb are clocked at 200/500, while the retail 128mb is clocked at 220/550.

There are rumors, however, about a Parhelia with AGP8x to be released soon, known presently as P8X.
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Yeap you're right about the incoming revision of Parhelia
      But Matrox has problems with their semiconductor fab, UMC.
      Wafer yield was 5% on last delevery...
      So I guess they gonna have some delays !!!

Comment

Hey Pierrot! Found a typo in your sig...it should mean Brembo, shouldn't it?

Comment

Yeap, your right...
          Since I have a slow Celeon Copermine 900MHz with cheap mobo PC Wave, I decide to descibe my bike instead ... it's more interesing ;-)

Just looking foward to have a mobo with nForce II
          Last edited by Pierrot Lafouin; 9 September 2003, 06:23.

Comment

Just looking forward to drive my M600.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrot Lafouin
              Yeap you're right about the incoming revision of Parhelia
              But Matrox has problems with their semiconductor fab, UMC.
              Wafer yield was 5% on last delevery...
              So I guess they gonna have some delays !!!
              Interesting....

Just not sure how to check its validity...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Validity of what ?

Comment

your information. or vigilant, is it you? :x
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I'm working for a Matrox Imaging competitor's, so I know few things about Matrox Imaging, but also Matrox Graphics.

And who is Vigilant ?

Comment

without wishing to be cynical, how is it that you know about forthcoming matrox products, but are having to ask us about current revisions of parhelia? not trying to cause an argument its just that a lot of people here are keen on knowing about future matrox products and real information is very hard to find.
                      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I know about this new rev for almost a year.
                        When the Matrox guy told me that they were waiting to sell new rev, I was wondering what new rev he was talking about. I could ask the Matrox guys but didn't. And wanted to confirm with you guys what I knew.

When we are behind the seen, things appear differently, and a year to sell the first bunch of Parhelia chips, this look long to me.

I tried to find this information with google, but so many web links poped up, and after 8 hours of coding VHDL, sometime I feel lazy... ;-)

Comment

It's a nice thought, but Matrox missed their window again. P8x would have been a great mid-range (last) Christmas part.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                            It's a nice thought, but Matrox missed their window again. P8x would have been a great mid-range (last) Christmas part.

sorry, I couldn't resist...

as for the others, this was insider one.

in any case, I really don't know validity of my infos anymore but a YEAR AGO (yep, in September 2002.) there was some interesting info floating around. IF my info about second revision of Parhelia is right, easiest way to spot new revision is from chip packaging. it should have FCBGA package. other stuff included new memory controller, agp 8x support, faster clocks (still under 300MHz) and FAA working with stencil buffer. Of course soon after I heard this list and got partially it confirmed, was the banding found, which could be reason for delaying things.

But it certainly doesn't sound good if they are still having troubles with UMC lines.

so ther you have it... I kept this almost completely under wraps around 12 months. And as said, I am not sure how valid it still is.
                            Last edited by Nappe1; 9 September 2003, 15:45.
                            "Dippadai"

Comment

As usual, the people who know unfortunately can't tell.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X