Warren Zevon dies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Zevon dies....

In his sleep at age 56. Zevon has been under treatment for lung cancer since 2002.

Zevon is most famous for the song "Wearwolves of London", several albums and his work as a songwriter. He wrote "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me," "Carmelita" and "Hasten Down the Wind" for Linda Ronstadt and the song "She Quit Me Man" for the film classic Midnight Cowboy.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 September 2003, 08:52.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Another one of the good ones gone, big loss

A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

Don't forget "Lawyers, Guns and Money"...

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

A great loss to music.
        Not unexpected, though. He publicly announced last year that he had terminal lung cancer, and was not expected to live too long.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Letterman has pretty much dedicated his show tonight to Warren. All the music in and out of commercials is Warren's. He's made many ref's to Warren throughout the show. Paul and the band have done a good job of covering Warren's music throughout.
          Dave is a big Warren fan, and even did backup vocals on 'Hit Somebody'.

A fitting tribute to a great musician...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X