Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchase engineering sample ?

Hello,

I have a strange question. For some time know, I've been trying to locate PCI-X firewire cards. I finally found a company that has a model, but it hasn't been marketed yet. I'm know given the chance to purchase a engineering sample (with some added wires for corrections). The price of it is $395; the engineering samples are said to be fully tested and work for 100%.

I don't have an urgent need for the card though, so I'm wondering if I should wait for the produced cards to arrive (are they cheaper ?) or go for the engineering sample...?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

only if you are desperate and have one of those weird tree's that has money instead of leaves
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

In some ways they can be better, hand made, higher tolerances...etc.(maybe)

But with any new hardwares it is often better to wait for a second hardware revison...

It really depends on whats it's is/for..
      (I would not buy it unless you really need it immediatly and had no alternative)

I would think an engineering sample would be more(a lot) expensive, but may come with some developpment/application bundle?.

Comment

Technoid: No, in our region it doesn't "grow on trees" but comes from a donkey that (euhm... lifts its tail to) ... money...

Anyway:
        I just got more details. The price of the final product is the same as the engineering sample price. Warranty is honored, furthermore, if the final product will deviate from the engineering sample, the card will also be replaced.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X