Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoftFSB Questions!!!

Hi,

I have an ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 motherboard, and when I set the FSB to 133MHZ, the PCI bus runs @ 44MHZ. Consequently, I run SoftFSB, and lower the PCI bus frequency to 33MHZ. Unfortunatly, each time I reboot, the PCI bus frequency defaults back to 44MHZ. Is there any way to make this change permanent in the BIOS? I can't find any instructions for SoftFSB, other then the simple warning (README) file that came with the installation. I have also heard that there is a SoftFSB v2.0, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The other option would be to physically construct the fourth jumper on the motherboard, which would enable 133/33 from the Clock Generator......But I would prefer not to bring a soldering iron anywhere near my motherboard!

Thanks,

-V-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

There is a pogram called chfsb, or changefsb. From my understanding it will change some values in your cmos, so change it makes are permanet
    (or until you clear your cmos, or change any other cmos setting)

However it may only be compatable with certain mobo's (k7s5a being one of them)

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
    X