Cutom MBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutom MBD

do you think its easy to get an MBD manufacturur to say cutom make an MBD to ones own specs?

feturers to include would be the folowing

I875 chipset

8 SATA ports with RAID controler and dedicated IO chip and memory bank.

2 normal SATA ports

1 normal PATA port

NO serial ports, Paralel ports, PS2 ports and flopy ports..

rear panel

8(4x2) USB conectors uper part is USB 2 lower is USB 1

6 (3x3) IE1894b conectors

1 x 10/100 network conector

1 x 1000 network conector

2 x stereo RCA conectors (adio in and out) with dedicated sound chip from say M-audio)

1 x coaxial SPDIF conector

1 x TV out BNC conector with dedicated chip from matrox

6 x PCI

1 X AGP 8x

and how mutch do you think it would coast to get a costum MBD like this going
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

depends on how much you'll guarantee to buy from the manufacturer... my guess is they definately won't do such a design if you at least guarantee to buy in the order of tens of thousands of that model motherboard.

Any less, and a custom design like that would probably not pay off...

all the onboard stuff you're asking for will create signal path hell on a 4-layer PCB.

btw. why not use PCI cards + a motherboard that has most of the stuff you want? You'll be sharing the interrupt lines of the PCI controller anyway with the onboard devices on the PCI slots if they would all be integrated into the motherboard, possibly giving you lots of headaches when using those slots.
    Last edited by dZeus; 7 September 2003, 15:10.

Comment

hum.... i wasent thnking clearly when i wrot the above statment.... i think i would need about 3 PCIs for the souncards i am getting so that would leave me with about 3 more PCIs (they come in 6 these days dont they) free to use for say an 8 PORT SATA RADID card with proc chip and mem... one more for ie1394b and one more for a TV out card... leave the AGP for a matrox pharelia for triple head display... that would still mean that i need an on bord soundcard for regular use (np) 2PATA conectors (NP) and the network stuf (np) and probably end up with two extra SATA raid enabled ports if i stick to an intel MBD... not bad when i look at it that way... dont know what i was thinking..
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Well, you could look into adding a USB2.0 network card and a firewire soundcard to that setup...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
          Well, you could look into adding a USB2.0 network card and a firewire soundcard to that setup...
          EVIL THINGS!!!!!!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Volume would effect pricing, but to get the first few prototypes would most likely cost 25K+

And no it wouldn't be easy at all to get any MB manufacturer to do this. :P
            Most likely would have to go to a smaller PCB design house and pay them more.
            They'd rather design things for their own product line, unless they think this is something that would have good sales volume.

Comment

Working...
            X