Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750 fan?

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if the new P750 card can work without the fan? If not, how much noise does it make (db)?
    Anyone who has experience in using two Graphic cards?
    I have a Matrox millennium G550 APG and am thinking about buying a Matrox G450 (PCI) but don’t know if WIN XP PRO can manage to control that well enough. I want to use to CRT monitors and a TV out simultaneously.
    Thanks for any help.

Cheers Prebklok

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if the new P750 card can work without the fan?

Yes, but you'd need to get a big passive cooler (check if Zalman heatpipe will fit.) and void the waranty.

If not, how much noise does it make (db)?

Parhelia is not noisy, about slightly more noisy than Zalman F1@2000RPM. P750 likely has the same fan.

Anyone who has experience in using two Graphic cards?
    I have a Matrox millennium G550 APG and am thinking about buying a Matrox G450 (PCI) but don’t know if WIN XP PRO can manage to control that well enough. I want to use to CRT monitors and a TV out simultaneously.

Yes (I've run Millennium PCI and G400 16 SH for a while)

Matrox G550 and 450 PCI (like Mill PCI and 400) would use same drivers and you'd be abble to control both cards from Powerdesk. It's smooth and troublefree.

As for TVout, I've no TVout experience so far, but other people here do.

G450 PCI and G550 is supported by Matrox, so if you have a problem just ask tech support. They've been of great help to me.

Comment

Hi PrebKlock,

The P750 fan is not very noizy, in fact my P4 (stock) cooling fan is making more noize (even putting my ear close to the card/fan I can distinctively hear the P4 fan in the background).

DC
      Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

Comment

Working...
      X