Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Capturing on PCVCR 3.x

hi,

i'm posting this after a long time. my question is; is it possible to capture video on PCVCR 3.x on my P4 XP (Marvel G400) system? If so can the output file be *.mpg ?

all i do is capture a few TV show every week. if i can just capture them straight to *.mpg it will be great.

please let me know.

thanks

If you need bigger compression/smaller files than you can:

Capture with AVI_IO
    YUY2-DivX

Capture with UMSP
    mpeg

Comment

Using Win2000, VTool3.02, MarvelG400TV, U-lead Video Studio 6, I can now capture directly in DVD format MPEG2 files. Thus, the solution you are looking for is out there.

My problem when I was considering upgrading my system to P4 from PIII is that my G400TV is not 1.5V AGP compatible, and my P4mobo takes only 1.5V AGP card... thus, I am stuck with PIII BX chipset system for my old faithful G400TV.

Out there in Matrox forum, they say that 1.5V AGP compatible G400TV exists. Hope yours is one of them.
      Imagine being stuck in a classroom of 20 students, of which 19 are useless smartass punks. That is how it is to live in France.

Comment

My G400-TV is AGP 2X-4X (1.5V) compatible
        It works great on my P4 machine (Intel 845 series mobo)

Comment

Originally posted by bubu
          My problem when I was considering upgrading my system to P4 from PIII is that my G400TV is not 1.5V AGP compatible, and my P4mobo takes only 1.5V AGP card... thus, I am stuck with PIII BX chipset system for my old faithful G400TV.

Out there in Matrox forum, they say that 1.5V AGP compatible G400TV exists. Hope yours is one of them.
          How can one tell? Did your card physically not fit in the AGP slot or did it not work?

J-kun

Comment

Originally posted by Jkun
            How can one tell? Did your card physically not fit in the AGP slot or did it not work?

J-kun
            No, at matrox official tech forum, the person from Matrox put it out that G400TV comes in two forms AGP2X and AGP4X. and AGP2X is 3V. My mobo takes only 1.5V. That is where the imcompatibility is.

By using the data shown in the Matrox forum to help read the serial number to identify whether the card is AGP2x or 4x, mine seems a 2x card, which is according to the thread, 3V. thus, incompatible.

I haven't try to physically install the card, though. idon't want to damage it (I don't even know whether there are risks in damaging the incompatible card in AGP slot)
            Imagine being stuck in a classroom of 20 students, of which 19 are useless smartass punks. That is how it is to live in France.

Comment

Thanks. You wouldn't have a link to that thread would you?

J-kun

Comment

It is only some early G400 that don't work on 1.5V motherboards. All G400TV Marvel are 1.5V compatible.

Comment

According to that link, Marvel G400 are always 4x.

So how can bubu have a problem?

J-kun

Comment

>
                    Our G400 and later graphics cards (AGP4x or AGP2x) are compatible with virtually all motherboards.

However, if the motherboard calls for a 1.5V card ONLY to be installed, the 2x versions of our G400 card may not work properly.
                    We've identified the G400 boards that support AGP 4x transfer rates with an additional '4A' in the part number: G4+MDH4A32GB/40.
                    G400 boards without the '4A' in the part number may not work with 1.5V only motherboards. Please note that all models of the Marvel G400, G450, G450 eTV, and G550 series are affected as AGP2x versions of these cards don't exist.
                    >

Comment

Originally posted by adis
                      >
                      Please note that all models of the Marvel G400, G450, G450 eTV, and G550 series are affected as AGP2x versions of these cards don't exist.
                      >
                      thanks guys, you guys are great! I feel much better....
                      I guess I am having problem understanding the above English "all the cards are affected.." I read that the rules set out before that sentense applys to all models of....." even though it doesn't make sense with " AGP2X vesions of these cards don't exist" I was so puzzled.

So I don't have to buy AIW to continue capturing... thanks again!

Comment

Haig, the wording of that FAQ needs to be revised.
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                        X