Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh baby, JK3 Demo!

Check it out!

This has confirmed it for me, Jedi Academy is my most anticipated game, screw D3 and HL2.

Last night I had one of those once-in-a-lifetime "wow" moments in this game.

I locked one of my sabers (using 2x saber) with a bad guy, and it went on for 15 seconds or so, then I accidentally hit the throw saber button. With one saber locked, I threw the other around and killed him. It made my jaw drop, I love this game.

Comment

Will give it a go Thanks for the heads-up bsd.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

hmm... let's see how this program can kill my machines

haha. thx BSDgeek again!

Comment

uh you can get the full game already if u look for it
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            uh you can get the full game already if u look for it
            Arrr, matey!

Comment

I've been screwing around with the demo all day. Beat it on Jedi Master, 1st level was easy, 2nd... not so much.

I've found out a whole bunch after I beat it, you can throw both sabers in dual saber mode. I found a little unfinished model too, using the cheats from the old game you can spawn Lukes, who aren't done. Instead of sabers they have little place holders, and they're all white&black. It's very neat. I'll post some screens later.

Comment

And dual saber throw :

Last edited by bsdgeek; 6 September 2003, 12:56.

Comment

me likey lots. played one of the levels already. It seems to be using almost exactly the same engine (Q3 based) as JKII though - not really that much more impressive graphically. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Yeah it's the same Q3ish engine.

Comment

Okay, I'll download and test the demo tonight .
                      Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Actually on second thoughts it does look better. Better textures and bigger areas for one.

But they need to finish off the evil-jedi AI - they kept falling off the edges to great depths on the second level... without too much help from me.

The new lightsabers are cool though.

Comment

OK...what am I missing here?
                          My force pull/push aren't opening this door on the second level for me. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm just not seeing it...

Definatly a cool game though
                          Attached Files
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Same problem as Kruzin...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Us force sense, and then you will see a marker on the floor and on the door. Stand on the one on the floor, and force pull at the one on the door (quite high up). Worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X