dBPowerAMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dBPowerAMP

I've been playing with AV software and CODECs lately and found a fun new music player called dBPowerAMP:

dBpoweramp: mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. CD Ripper, Album Art Fixing, Asset UPnP Server

It's a great sound player, IMHO. The options for the player portion just isn't there yet, but the CD-ripper and converter is pretty damn good.

I'm also playing with FLAC to see if there really is any difference between FLAC and a CD.

Pretty fun geeky stuff.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

The player is definitely very functional. The converter is fantasticly easy to use and versatile.

Comment

Well dbpoweramp is not exactly new. I've messed with it a few years ago. I liked it because it was so easy to use (still is).

I've left it aside and I'm using EAC for ripping / encoding and foobar2000 for playing. Those soft are not as easy to use as dbpoweramp. But they are very efficient, light, and customisable.
      EAC saved a few scratched CDs that no software or CD player could read !

As for audio format, I use MPC for lightweight files and APE for quality, I haven't tried FLAC yet but I think it is the same as APE...
      System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Working...
      X