Kicking the bucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking the bucket!

Having seen posts about many celebrities quitting this mortal coil, what will happen when one of us does so? Nothing!

If ZokesPro turns up his toes, his avatar will no longer black her eyes and someone may say, days, weeks or months later, wonder what happened to that guy with the provocative avatar? Haven't seen it lately. But no one will know whether some girl has not bumped him off out of jealousy, he stepped out in front of a #7 bus or, worst tragedy, he forgot to pay he ISPs invoice.

We have no way of remembering him/her if one of us passes on to the Elysian Fields, yet aren't we closer to one another than to Bronson, Hope etc.? Sad!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

'Tis the nature of online forae. A fair few of the people here know each other off-line though.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Brian that is a terrible thing to say..but tis true nonetheless. however i do know that some murcers do meet up outside of the net so at least some of those would be known.
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

One of the Mail Lists I belong to had a "death in the family" late last year: it was a fairly big deal.

Word would get around if one of us left for other shores.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Which reminds me - what did happen to Drizzt? His last post sounded pretty dire.
          FT.

Comment

I've been wondering as well. No idea though.
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

And if anyone is wondering about Paddy...he's 7 to 10 days away from being back on ADSL and has no modem. I just signed him up to virgin.net (you have to have a net connection to sign up - chicken...egg...chicken...).

T.

PS If you don't hear from me after Wednesday its either because Paddy drank me under the table (rather likely methinks), or the reality of being 35 was too great to bear
              FT.

Comment

Actually, Paddy could have phoned to sign up too with Virgin. Oh well. But I suppose paying anything more is too much.

Hmph, actually, some of us don't have too many other contacts about the place. e.g. Me. Should I all of sudden leave the planet to a place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, no one at MURC or anywhere else would know. I suppose I should say now then that if I dissapear for 6 months without giving leave reason and no one hears from me again, consider me permanently gone.

J1NG

Comment

Re: Kicking the bucket!

Is there some sort of MEGA obituary on the net?

I guess the only way for any of us to really know what happened would be to give out our full names and address so that when you notice a user has not been online for a while then you could check the MEGA obituary just in case.

Other than that... you can just hope that your fellow MURCers are ok.

Wish I knew what happened to Tempest. He didn't pay a whole lot of attention ot me, but he and I were in th esame situation in life a few months ago. I got lucky because oppurnity knocked on my door, dunno about him.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

There are a lot of MURCers gone MIA, like Rags, WyWyWyWy, DGhost, cbman, probably more I'm leaving out.

Then there are some who wander off and eventually come back...

Comment

Cbman posted a few days ago, and I'm sure that the others are still browsing the forums, don't forget it's summertime so many people are on vacation or are enjoining the good weather .
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Rags is still about.
                        He's been in the process of moving from Cheyanne to Ft. Collins, so he's been pretty busy lately.
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                          Rags is still about.
                          He's been in the process of moving from Cheyanne to Ft. Collins, so he's been pretty busy lately.
                          Hes also a mod over at [H] in the cars forum
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

actulay i find the idea of passing away unoticed apealing.... at least to me.....
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                              Which reminds me - what did happen to Drizzt? His last post sounded pretty dire.

[LOG ON]

Still alive and thinking about kicking the bucket. I'm a lot confused, dunno, maybe it's been too much pain.
                              I keep on lurking from time to time, but I've lost interest on writing.

[LOG OFF]
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                              X