Matrox Marvel G200 Problem with Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G200 Problem with Windows XP

Let's see. Where do I begin?... I installed XP SP1 on my Machine and installed power desk, 2kxp_588061.exe. If I use my computer from 30min to an 2 hours what almost always happens is my screen becomes suddenly garbled while I am working on some program like internet explorer. I am able to turn it off properly only because I remember the sequence of key strokes to do it.

I have tried the previous drivers for my mystique to no avail. Alas, I switched video cards (Matrox Marvel G200), updated the cards BIOS and cursed the day I upgraded to Windows XP. Sometimes my computer will suddenly without warning turn off.

Is there any way around this? I have looked around and no one else seems to have this problem. Are there any other drivers that I can use?

Someone please respond to this because I'm going nuts dealing with this.

PIII 1GHz
    Mobo: Abit SA6R
    512MB RAM
    Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB RAM

I tried the page http://adis.szm.com/

Comment

And?

If you search this forum (last two months) you can find many useful information about it.
      All I can say you-mine system XP +SP1 works like Adis promised

Comment

Does someone want to write up a faq for this and I'll move it to the faq files?

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I tried adis page and it didn't work. I still have the same problem.

Comment

I have switched to the matrox mystique and still the same problem.

Comment

If you take my advice - forget it. I have a g200 marvel, and have posted to this group on several occasions about using the g200 marvel under winxp.

The adis drivers seem effective on the g400 marvel only. I have taken to dual booting and running under win98se. You need a separate drive to your boot drive to capture to anyway, so you will always have at least two drives if you are serious about capturing anyway.

this is just my opinion, but if you want to save yourself the kind of time I wasted on this, consider what I have said.

Hope this helps,

Morgoth

Comment

How can I just have the display (with TV out) be stable though?

Comment

Working...
                X