FTP server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP server?

In the past, I've used Bullet Proof FTP on my windows machine. I was just wondering if there were any good, free, easy to use FTP servers out there that can easily be configured to run with a firewall?

I use glftpd on nix, on windows, sorry nfi.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

A new one I found...anyone know anything about it?

Download FileZilla® for free. A fast cross-platform FTP client. FileZilla® is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly.

Comment

back in the days I used WAR ftp on Windows.

I don't know how good it is now, but back then, it was the best freeware one you could get
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

War is still pretty highly regarded.

I personally use RaidenFTP, but only out of stubbornness because I paid for it and specifically because it was configurable and could integrate with firewalls, IRC scripts, etc.

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmm, FileZilla Server? I may have to try it. I like the client plenty.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
              A new one I found...anyone know anything about it?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
              FileZilla server? It's small and it works.
              Last edited by gpremec; 31 August 2003, 13:31.
              <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

I just started an FTP server on my computer, and after looking around for a good windows based one, I found the most featureful and cheap was Bulletproof FTP. It may not look the greatest (I think they could polish the interface a little), but it has an obsene amount of information available and per user customizations... I tried Cerberus FTP server, but it only let me upload/download at 86k per second... This is on a 100MB connection... Other than that, I dont know.
                P=I^2*R
                Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Bulletproof was quite good.
                  I used Serv-U on my last reinstall, and after that IIS, which caps on 10 users, but are fine otherwise.
                  <font size="-4">User error:
                  Replace user and try again.
                  System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                  System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                  </font>

Comment

I used to use BP FTP, but it gets fruity on me.

I tried the filezilla one, but i can't get it to work. maybe my firewall is fuxoring things?

Comment

Filezilla Server unfortunately reveals the local directory on the server. This is not good.

Comment

Gpar_ the Raiden Pirate

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                          Filezilla Server unfortunately reveals the local directory on the server. This is not good.
                          So you mean if you share the entire drive it will show the directory whre it's installed?

Comment

I use Serv-U, which is extremely easy to set-up and monitor...
                            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I shared out a sub directory of a drive and the FTP clients was giving the entire path including drive letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X