• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nice!
    thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yes, thank you. Definitely much more clear than from within the Atlanta Metro. How secluded and high is the telescope?

Comment

Very nice indeed. Thanks Doc!
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Nice pictures. What was the overall magnification, opitical, of your telescope when you took the pictures?

Comment

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why are the pictures blurry? Does it have to do with the fact tha the planet is so far away and the telescope being used just isn't powerful enough?

Thanks,

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
              .Does it have to do with the fact tha the planet is so far away and the telescope being used just isn't powerful enough?

Thanks,

Dave
              Well,
              1, It's only a 10 inch telescope not the friggen Palomar 200" .
              2, Yes, Mars at it's closest is still very far away.
              3, I assume he didn't move the thing to the top of a mountain in the desert, so there is a lot of atmosphere to look through.

It's still a lot better than my 4.5" can do.

Nice pic Doc.
              Chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by stcynic
                Yes, thank you. Definitely much more clear than from within the Atlanta Metro. How secluded and high is the telescope?
                It's certainly not in my back yard as we're only about 2 miles south of an airport

I carted it up and took it to a relatives house in a very rural portion of Monroe County Michigan. The elevation was about 50 feet above the surrounding farmland on a small plateau. Seeing was not too bad with a black sky.

The scope is a 10" f/14.6 Maksutov-Cassegrain with GPS alignment and magnetic pole compensation. Images were taken using direct exposure on the CCD at 10 images/color channel with a .1 sec exposure using Diffraction Limiteds Maxim DL/CCD software.

Any blurring is due to a slight excess of humidity that night. I've seen better in that area and may try again this weekend since the skys are to clear and the temp and humidity are to drop after tonights storms.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 August 2003, 14:44.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Beautiful shots

Comment

Pretty damn good
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Nice pictures!
                      Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Real lookers!
                        GJ.
                        ~~DukeP~~

Comment

Wow. Nice "catch"

Such a rare sight...

Comment

Working...
                          X