Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing mjpegs with an RT2000?

Hi,
    having owned a RRG for a year i have backed up files on cd's that i wouldnt mind taking a look at again.

I remember someone mentioning a software codec for mjpeg files no the forums before.

Could i download the codec and then have access to them.. i dont know if they'd play fullscreen full res with my p3-500 but
    couldnt i use premiere to convert the files into dv.....
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

You can load 'em into Premiere and convert them to DV using the RT2000's codecs. It'll just take a long time.

If all you need is to play them on the desktop you can get the PICVideo MJPeg codec. It's freely licensed once you register it. Get it here;

http://www.jpg.com/video/mjpeg.htm

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 14 November 2000).]

Comment

Doc to the rescue once again
      Thank you.

will premier recognise the files? or do i need to download the coded regardless?

also.. you seem to be 'the man' so ill ask you another if i may :O)

i have also asked this elsewhere..

There seems to be a problem converting between pal and ntsc with matrox reccomending duel boot systems and instalations of a pal mvt on one and an ntsc mvt on another.. and no conversion in between..

I used to use a RRG and when i needed to do this frequently for a documentary on videogames (lots of clips of both standards) i just captured in ntsc and rendered the whole thing to pal in media studio...

so my question is... could you not load a finished dv file into mediastudio and render at the correct res and 29.7fps...

or am i being silly because mjpeg compression is entirely different to DV....

hell.. will mediastudio (5.2) even work with the rt200 (i know theres no realtime but would it work)
      i havent dare install it incase it all screws up, lol

thanks

Col

[This message has been edited by CMB (edited 14 November 2000).]
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Excuse my insufficient knowledge.
        What is the advantage of the PICVideo MJPEG software codec vs. the hardware codec (Marvel G400) except for archiving videos or showing them on a non-Matrox video card?
        Talking about software MJPEG codecs, how does PICVideo compare with the Morgan codec?
        Appreciate any explanations, thanks.

Fred H

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 14 November 2000).]
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

The main advantage is that when used as a capture codec PICVideo will capture at higher data rates. The Matrox codec is limited to 3.1 mb/s while PICVideo can capture & render at up to 5 mb/s.

Once PICVideo is installed Premiere will use the files created by it. If your card provides YUV or YUY2 signals you can also use PICVideo as a capture codec. The Marvel's and RRG's can do this with Flying Dutchmans YUY2 patch.

As for the Morgan codec, I haven't used it in so long I'll reserve comment on it.

As for using MSPro6 with the RT-2000, you can but there is no realtime and no effects are usable except for the Organic Wipes. IEEE-1394 works, but the analog DV and MPEG-2 do not. You can, however, render to the DV and MPEG-2 RT-2000 codecs.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 15 November 2000).]

Comment

Thanks, Doc for the nice explanation. I'll give a try.

Fred H.
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X