Is it a ghost ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a ghost ??

I took a picture of my girlfriend coming out of a garden and look what happened,got me scared a bit

Anyone wanna gues what it is, perhaps some thing from the darks side

Last edited by Kastuvas; 29 August 2003, 02:00.
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

You should not be taking pics of her through an electric lightbulb?
    Lawrence

Comment

Na serious it wasn’t a trick or me trying to make it look like this it just happened, weird.
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Please, when posting such large images, use the thumbnail feature of the forum

See here: http://www.murc.ws/forums/showthread...threadid=42771

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yo Lizzie, post up your ghost pic!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

There you go a thumb, hehe looks even scarier.

Comment

Do you have more info (exposure time, flash usage, ...) ?

It looks like motion blur on a bright light...

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

The camera was set on Auto settings im not a fotographer, I don't even know how to use all that manual mambo jumbo. The camera was Fujifilm MX - 1200 nothing fancy. I guess it was just one of them weird shots.

Comment

Speaking of thumbs, it looks like a finger moving in front of the lens, interfereing with AF and AE, catching a smear of flash and tossing it back at the lens. Or some variation on that theme.
                  How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                  Who cares?

Comment

EXIF info:

Make - FUJIFILM
                    Model - MX-1200
                    Orientation - 1 (top left)
                    XResolution - 72
                    YResolution - 72
                    ResolutionUnit - 2 (inch)
                    Software - Digital Camera MX-1200 Ver1.00
                    DateTime - 2003:08:28 21:09:21
                    YCbCrPositioning - 2 (datum point)
                    Copyright -
                    ExifOffset - 258
                    FNumber - 4.5000
                    ExposureProgram - 2 (program normal)
                    ISOSpeedRatings - 160
                    ExifVersion - 210
                    DateTimeOriginal - 2003:08:28 21:09:21
                    DateTimeDigitized - 2003:08:28 21:09:21
                    ComponentsConfiguration - 1 2 3 (YCbCr)
                    CompressedBitsPerPixel - 4 (average)
                    ShutterSpeedValue - 1/2 seconds
                    ApertureValue - F 4.50
                    BrightnessValue - -0.3000
                    ExposureBiasValue - 0.0000
                    MaxApertureValue - F 4.50
                    MeteringMode - 5 (multi-segment)
                    Flash - 0 (no flash)
                    FocalLength - 5.8000 mm
                    FlashPixVersion - 100
                    ColorSpace - 1 (sRGB)
                    ExifImageWidth - 1280
                    ExifImageHeight - 960
                    InteroperabilityOffset - 708
                    FocalPlaneXResolution - 2174
                    FocalPlaneYResolution - 2174
                    FocalPlaneResolutionUnit - 3
                    SensingMethod - 2 (other)
                    FileSource - 3 (digital still camera)
                    SceneType - 1 (directly photographed)

AZ

Comment

So you can see, the camera has exposed half a second, and I guess the bright blob you see is your girlfriend (is she blonde?) walking by in front of the camera with a light source behind you. Or you taking the camera down, thinking the shot is finished, when in fact it's still exposing. You should have used a flash, it's almost always too dark indoors, so your shots get either severely underexposed, blurred (from shaking the cam - you cannot hold still enough for this long an exposure), and have motion blur. Flash shots, on the other hand, produce ugly skin and red eyes, and often kill the mood.

One way to avoid this is using higher ISO (which introduces noise on virtually every cam, except some dSLRs), or staging the shot and using a tripod (which is obviously not what you want to do).

So your cam (or you) should have used the flash.

AZ

Comment

Wow impressive az how did you get all that info
                        The light was directly above me, and i think the flash didn't go off because it didnt fully charge, 'cause i wanted to take that picture as quickly as possible.

Hehe na her hair is as dark as they come

Comment

Then I guess mutz is right and it was your finger crossing the lens while the picture was being taken (and you obviously thinking it had been taken already).

You can see this info in any good image editor - usually when you click something like "image info", "file info", or "EXIF info". Did you get any software with the Cam? I know Photoshop (with which you saved the file) supports EXIF, IrfanView does also. In winXP, you can also view a file's properties in explorer and see some EXIF info.

EXIF is data the camera saves into the image file's header, containing info about the conditions the picture was taken under (settings, focal length, etc.) - many better cameras also save additional (non-standard) info that most 3rd party software can't understand.

There's also a free (I think) software called exifer, which is an expert at displaying EXIF info (even manufacturer-specific stuff).

AZ

Comment

Working...
                          X