Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun new portable music player toy type thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun new portable music player toy type thing.

Just watched a review of this on ZDNet:

It's called the Rio Karma. It sports a 20 GB HDD, lasts 18 hours on a single battery charge, and supports MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG Vorbis and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) codecs. OGG being the open source world's answer to MP3 and FLAC as an open source alternate to WAV, with a 50% compression ratio and no loss in audio quality.

The cradle has an ethernet port on in, can pick up it's own IP address and can be accessed via the network. It is capable of playing music while at the same time upload and delete music from the player. The cradle also sports standard analog line outs (L and R, RCA/composite cables) for integration into a home stereo.

Pretty damn snazzy gadget, and only $400 MSRP. Not too shabby, especially since it's designed to be an audiophile quality portable player (ala FLAC and WAV).

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Ethernet port? Nice one. Shame it's not a tenth of the price - then I'd pick up lots
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Mmm that's on my wishlist! Not bad considering most jukeboxes that are three times the size/weight run about $200, and a docking bay is another $75. So this is a bit more, but you get more player and a smaller size.

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Neat thing
        Wonder if it also can carry any kind of files
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X