Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zalman heatpipe case

Zalman is said to release a case entirely cooled using heatpipes:

(link is in German, but has a lot of pictures)

I've read up a bit on it, apparently, there will be a list of compatible motherboards (both Intel and AMD); the PSU is a fanless 300 W. Various components will be cooled (cpu, mainboard chipset, gpu, harddisk, ...; 6 heatpipes in total).
    Estimated price is around €1000.

Somehow, I like the design (not the price , nor the fact that currently no dual mainboards are considered ).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Old concept.. www.deltatronic.info <- only 800 EUR

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Very very cool! The big question I would have is ... what will it support in the future? If the case lasts me 10 years or more it would almost be worht it.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Never will support (new heatpipes for new processors/mainboards, etc.) last that long. Heck, ATX won't lat that long

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
          Never will support (new heatpipes for new processors/mainboards, etc.) last that long. Heck, ATX won't lat that long
          AZ
          Well, I'm not entirely conviced... AT lasted a very long time... I'm not familiar with PCI-Express, but if it is possible to make in the same formfactor, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. In essence, the form factor is not that bad (CPU near the top, cards below).

Also, a possible solution could be if Zalman released new backplanes to accomodate new form factors... Something that a company offering €1000 cases might take into consideration... (hmm, I feel like I'm dreaming again )

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Fast, Danish and cheap.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Fast, Danish and cheap.
              Is that how you like 'em???
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

LOL

I like 'em that way too....

Comment

Working...
                X