Google Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Calculator

If you type in a mathematical formula into the Google search engine, it gives you the answer via the Google calculator. Go to Google.com and type in:

(mass of the earth)/(speed of light)

or

slugs in a kilogram

or

(speed of light)/1 mole

or

(mass of the sun)/(mass of the earth)

And on and on. Just don't use any capital letters in the names. I find this very interesting. I wonder how complex you can make the calculation?

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I typed in (mass of the sun)/(mass of pamela anderson) and it gave me this link:

Paul

Comment

Neat
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well it understands, e, pi, raising to the power, and also what the square root of minus one is. So guess what e^(i * pi) +1 comes out as?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

2 days ago when I was setting up my FTP, by accident i typed "FT" and pressed enter and it came up with feet conversion on google. (My default search engine is set to Google) I was like wth. hehe.

Google is a very smart engine IMO. Its fast, it gets the popularity of pages by seeing how many peoples links to a certain page. And now they have the pop up stopping thingy, and now even calculator!

Google is awesome! My favourite engine of all time.

Comment

One of my favorites is the Google phone book.

<I>John Smith Boston MA</I>

and it lists the phone numbers and addresses. It even has links to maps from Mapquest and Yahoo maps. Even Yahoo's own phone book doesn't link to their maps.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X