X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" v 19" - Parhelia triplehead

Hello,
    Could anyone tell me ...
    Do 3 x 19" TFT's use more Parhelia card and or system resoures than 3 x 17" tft's ? (same system same resolution)
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

if the screens are same resolution/colour depth, then there should be no diffence
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Thanks tjalfe ...
      That confirms what I was thinking but the tech support guy at Viewsonic (even though the 19" tft's are Viewsonic) was trying to tell me things would be slower.... hmmmmm
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

Not for the same resolution. Will drink a bit more soup from the socket in the wall though, but with TFTs this isn't really a problem
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the wak
          Thanks tjalfe ...
          That confirms what I was thinking but the tech support guy at Viewsonic (even though the 19" tft's are Viewsonic) was trying to tell me things would be slower.... hmmmmm
          I was thinking with respect to the parhelia, it would not see a difference.
          with respect to the monitors,then the 19" flatpanels are a minimum of 25ms response time ( the ones I have seen anyways) where alot of 17" screens have down to 16ms, which would make them a bit better for fast moving graphics like DVD's. games etc...this would produce slight ghosting/motion blur on the screen.
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I hear what you are saying ... and it was a concern of mine but
            both the 17" and the 19" have a response time of 25ms ... and I can't say I have noticed any ghosting or motion blur in any of my games ... they run great ... Surround Gaming is awesome.

I have a problem with a programe called Celestia... it is a free real-time space simulation that lets you experience our universe in three dimensions.

I have been running it on my TH system for at least a year with high res textures ... It has been running sweet and it is really GOBSMACKING across the three monitors.

But...
            Recently I have done a complete system re-install and upgraded to the 3 x 19" TFT's and this programe now runs very very slowly at the high res textures... even with the medium res textures (default) .... in Task Manager the CPU is at 97-100

I've been trying to work out what has caused the slow down and a guy on the Celestia forum says it is to do with the refresh rate of the monitors.... whilst trying to investigate this I spoke to Viewsonics tech support where I was told the 19" tft's would use up graphics card and system resources more than the 17" tft's ....
            Hence my opening question.... but is slow even if I put the 17"tft's back on.
            Also the refresh rate has not changed from when it was working brilliantly..... ???
            I just can't figure out why it is now running so slowly.

Anyway thanks for your thoughts ...

If you fancy trying it you can get it here ...

My Systems :

Comment

interested in flat panels? read this:

OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Did you think up the title of that article Soupy? "The skinny on Matrox graphics cards for LCD displays" hehe

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                  Did you think up the title of that article Soupy? "The skinny on Matrox graphics cards for LCD displays" hehe
                  you like?
                  OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Well, I like in that it makes me smile Doesn't sound awfully "professional" (read "boring") though... but that's a good think in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                      Well, I like in that it makes me smile Doesn't sound awfully "professional" (read "boring") though... but that's a good think in my book.
                      yeah, I thought we needed a bit of spice.
                      OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

Comment

Working...
                      X