Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Doogie Howser

now this is and incrediable kid!!!!

Would the Real Doogie Howser please stand up?!

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

I can't help but feel sorry for the kid. I actually enjoyed my growing up years being a "kid".
    --Insert something here--

Comment

This poor kid is, say, 6 years younger than his peers. Because of some extraordinary war-related events, I was the youngest in my class and 2 years below the average age. This was bad enough. And my graduation as an electronics engineer was a month before my 19th birthday, as a result, as I had to compress the 5 year course into 3 years, or break it with military service. I don't recommend academic precocity, at least by more than a year.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

No, neither do I. I am all for providing an adequate challenge, but you NEED to be in with your own age group. I was probably two years ahead, but my parents demanded that I only be put one year ahead age-wise. This was bad enough. It was VERY hard all through elementary school, and high school was only better because it was private school where everyone got an individualized curriculum anyway.

I feel really bad for this kid. Anyone whose parents push them this hard... deserves our pity.

Gpar-
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Let the kid advance as far as he wants. Otherwise he'll be blowing the bell curve in every test he takes & getting his ass kicked for it.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Personally I think it all depends on the kid. I know myself that until somewhat recently I didn't like being around people my own age, and thus as a result I tended to socialize, when I could, with adults. I say if he is truely comftorable with it, then more power to him!

~Sethos
            "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X