Whistler 2287 includes a Matrox WDM capture driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistler 2287 includes a Matrox WDM capture driver

Have you noticed that Whistler 2287 includes a capture driver for matrox cards. I could for the first time capture YUY2 with my G200 marvel. The driver can only capture YUY2. All files except one is Microsoft files. One file is a Matrox file. I got many BSOD when i tried to use the capture driver.

Sounds distressingly like the ATI WDM capture driver for windows 2000 :-(

--wally.

Comment

Which brings up my point about WDM capture drivers for Win2K and other capture products:

Microsoft hasn't got WDM video capture support working in their new products, so don't blame the vendors if they can't get it working EITHER.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

JoakimC: What do you mean when you tried to use the capture driver? If the capture actually works with YUY2 under a MP capable OS, I think I'm about ready to dump W2K. (it means I can drop the Hauppauge card for vid capping) I wonder if anyone is working on hacking out those drivers to get them working under W2K

Comment

Walrus, the driver is not stable enough. I got many BSOD when using it. The PAL captures has a green bar at the bottom. The picture quality is horrible. I can only set the capture source once, the second time i get a BSOD. With PAL it is only possible to capture 352x288.

Dr Mordrid, Do you mean that it is impossible to get video capture working under Windows 2000?. And not even Matrox can make working driver for Windows 2000?.

But this could be a sign that Microsoft is working on Windows 2000 video capture. So maybe when whistler is released we will have working video capture. The driver in Whistler Beta 1 seems to exactly the same as in 2287. So we have to wait for Beta 2.

Comment

Hauppauge has working drivers for Windows 2000 That have been 100% stable for me.

They are VfW not WDM, but I'd be thrilled with that from Matrox or ATI at this point.

--wally.

Comment

JoakimC: Thanks for the info... I guess the days of having 2 pieces of useless hardware in my computer will continue. (my Marvel-G200 and my Turtle Beach Montego 2 plus, which only somewhat works under W2K, and does not work at all with it's digital IO under W2K)
              wkulecz: That's exactly why I got a WinTV a few months ago. Unfortunatly, it meant dumping my DVD decoder.

Comment

Walrus,

Have you tried the software DVD decoders from Intervideo -- WinDVD I think its called or from Cyberlink -- PowerDVD. Both seem to work well enough for me on w2k.

--wally.

Comment

wkulecz: Yeah, I have WinDVD on here, but I prefer the old DXR2 since it has excellent TV Out (I have a Marvel G200-TV so the TV out is poor), and a digital sound output port for Dolby Digital. Technically my sound card has coaxial and optical outputs, but there are no drivers under W2K that allow me to use them.

Comment

Working...
                  X