Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P2b-ds @ 133mhz Fsb

Hi,

Currently I have an ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 motherboard, and I wanted to set the FSB to 133MHZ. I was wondering, have any of you guys tried this? Any success? Did you make any hardware modifications, say, some of those listed on this website: http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod ? What are your results?

I am mainly concerned about the PCI bus frequency, whether it changes when you overclock the FSB (from 33MHZ to 44MHZ)? Some places claim there is a built-in 1/4 PCI bus divider, but others say NO.

Thanks,

-V-
    Last edited by X-Caliber; 24 August 2003, 12:31.
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

hmm, on my old p2b revision 1.10 board there was a 1/4 divider from 124fsb upwards for the pci bus.
    you had to choose it carefully as jumpering it incorrectly gave you the correct fsb but with the 1/3 divider.
    you'll need pc133 ram & a videocard that can cope with 89MHz AGP bus speed.

Comment

How did you enable this 1/4th PCI divider? Was it automatic, or was there a jumper
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

Originally posted by X-Caliber
        How did you enable this 1/4th PCI divider? Was it automatic, or was there a jumper
        you have to jumper it.
        you could get 124fsb & above using either of 2 jumper configurations.
        one will give you a 1/4 divider & the other 1/3 divider

Comment

I don't understand. The only jumper settings I have access to are those which fix the FSB (66, 100, 112, and 133); and those which access the multiplier. How do you know which configuration sets a 1/4 and 1/3 PCI divider?

Comment

Hey,

So I looked at the P2B manual online, for both your board and mine - BUT YOUR MANUAL TELLS YOU HOW TO CONFIGURE THE PCI BUS DIVIDER, AND MINE DOES NOT!!!! The setting seem pretty similiar, so I will try. BUT, one question, for your 133MHZ setting, according to your manual, if I jumper pins 2 & 3 on FS0, and pins 1 & 2 for both FS1 and FS2, it says the CPU bus frequency will be 133MHZ, but the PCI frequency will be 33.3MHZ/44.3MHZ - why is there a slash??? How do I choose? What did you mean by your comment about using 2 jumper configurations, which ones did you use? Can you please check, this would help me tremendously!

Comment

That rev of that mainboard is capable of 133mhz FSB and a hot item on Ebay (I know cuz i want one)
              Last edited by Dilitante1; 24 August 2003, 18:00.
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

you are referring to the P2B REV 1.10?

Comment

just checked in the old manual for the p2b
                  for 133/33 you need to jumper 1 and 2 for fs0, fs1, fs2 & fs3
                  for 133/44 the jumper settings are 2 & 3 for fs0 & fs3 , 1 & 2 for fs1 & fs2
                  hope that makes sense to you.

Comment

Hi X-Caliber,

my old Asus P2B-S (rev 1.02) claims to offer an FSB of 133MHz, but in fact, when jumpering it, the FSB is @ 110MHz !!!

You could make some tests with SoftFSB to alter and get a readout of the actual frequencies, before you start fiddling with those jumpers.
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

The P2B manual on ASUS's website only has three jumpers, but I assumed that it corresponds to the latest revision....Unfortunately it is only P2B REV 1.02...where can I get a copy of the REV 1.10 manual?

Take a look here for the 1.02 REV manual:

Last edited by X-Caliber; 25 August 2003, 09:23.

Comment

Hi Maggi,

When I first got my board, it came from someone who was running dual 800MHZ EB processors (incidentally, it never even occured to him that the PCI bus would be overclocked - he was also running an G450 PCI). So when I got it, I ran the FSB at 133MHZ (but with no PCI cards installed), and Sandra was unable to tell me what the PCI bus frequency was (it was just blank). I then downclocked to 100MHZ (does everyone know that the 800MHZ EB FSB 133MHZ chips are idential to the 600MHZ E FSB 100MHZ chips!!), still with no PCI cards installed, and Sandra was able to tell me the correct PCI bus frequency......I wish I had a 60MHZ Oscilloscope.

Comment

My P2B-DS only does 112MHz FSB.. I tried all jumber combinations to find a higher one.. no luck. I am at work now and cannot say what revision no it is.. bought in 1998, now running with 2x P3-850's on slocket adapters .. still going strong, though not my main machine anymore.. the Athlon 2500+ @3200+ is
                          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

it needs to be rev 1.06 D03 for 133MHZ FSB

Comment

I think I recall a 1.04 on there somewhere...but it has been a while since I looked.. I am not planning on putting more cash into this board at this time anyways though
                              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X