Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400tv MJPEG recording problems - if it ain't broken, don't PATCH IT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400tv MJPEG recording problems - if it ain't broken, don't PATCH IT!!

Hi there,

I've been browsing around to look for similar problems to my own for the last 5 hrs and found nothin' - hence I'm trying my luck by asking, and hope someone can help me here.

I'll try to describe my "problem" as clearly as I can.

I used to do MJPEG video capturing from VHS on my machine fine for the last 1.5yrs - until a few days ago. Here's the setup:
    - WinNT SP6, Intel PIII 733MHZ 512MB RAM
    - Matrox Marvel G400TV

The disk system setup is all good (data separate from system, as well on SCSI disks etc etc), considering everything ran pretty smoothly and quickly with no major problems all these while.

The only thing I did "consciously" was patching up the machine with the Post SP6 releases a few days ago (this was after the Blaster scare).

Now, ever since then - when I select MJPEG recording - the record button refuses to "stick" - ie. I press it, it "starts" recording (turns red and an .avi file is created in target location) then it stops after 1 sec or so, without giving a reporting screen - and the resulting "acquired file" is 0kb.

From the past 2 days of testing and trying and debugging - here's what I have done & observed:
    1) only MJPEG recording has the problem, the rest of the RGBs all record ok (this is using PC-VCR - Matrox Video Tools 1.53.053 )
    2) when I list out my list of codecs and video capturing devices - it complains that the Matrox VidCap driver is missing - how do I get it back? And is this the MJPEG codec?
    3) I CAN play all my old acquisitions .avi files with the PC-VCR (so it's not a codec problem anymore, or izzit still?)
    4) I've tried unistalling all Matrox related products and re-installing them - didn't help
    5) I've also tried un-installing the Windows "hotfix" - didn't help either
    6) I've even crawled the sites for the "latest" .dlls - just in case the old ones were somehow "replaced" during the patching... that didn't help either.

I am totally out of ideas of where to look next (short of re-installing, which I want to AVOID). If anyone has anything remotely similar or know of someone that can help me - that would be fantastic!!!

This computer is a standalone workstation, and has been solely dedicated to doing acquisitions and encoding ever since the beginning - so, there aren't many other "resource" intensive software running on it at the same time.

Hope someone out there can help!!! Tks!!

Cheers,
    .e.t.

I cannot help, but you might want to also post the same post on the Matrox Technical Support Forums.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Etai,

I know this problem - I even complained about it to Matrox - they said that there won't be any updates for NT anymore.

The only solution I found was to get file 'ntoskrnl.exe' from SP6a ... Fixed the problem for me. Some stuff may not work properly though ...

- cxx.

Comment

Working...
      X