P650 DVDMax resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P650 DVDMax resolution?

I am seriously considering replacing my trustworthy G400 with a P650 in my HTPC.

Before I do however I would like to know if the P650's DVDMax output is fixed at 1024x768, 85mhz.

As far as I can tell, this is the case with the G400. Therefore I really can't use DVDMax with my 852x480 plasma TV (as the second display).

With the P650, can you determine the resolution and refresh rate of the DVDMax output?

Thanks,

-IT

I'd ask at official Matrox tech support forum.

Comment

Hi IT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your TV supports S-Video input you shouldn't have any problems?
      If you want to use it as a secondary monitor (if it has monitor input) you might have to use a tool to modify the monitor profily for this exact screensize and frequency. If you set it up as a secondary monitor, DVDMax will display properly in the setup screensize.

Peter
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

as Ijon said, he's got a Plasma screen. Using d-sub or dvi input on it will give much better quality than using interlaced tv-out, even if that's possible on the screen in the first place.

Hence his request for the DVD-MAX resolution... so you've tested DVD-MAX on secondary monitor output with monitor that didn't support resolutions over 800x600?

Comment

Hi dZeus

No I haven't, but I don't recall my secondary monitor ever switching to a different screen resolution for DVDMax, apart from regional zoom, which indeed alters the screen resolution.
          I would have to try it out, or will I encounter the same problem Ijon reported?
          Besides I still won't be able to tell him for sure, since I can't guarantee that the behaviour of the Parhelia is the same as with the P650.

And if he indeed goes for quality, IMO he should really consider a stand-alone DVD player. With the Parhelia I notice that DVD movies get cut off 10% at the left and right side
          Last edited by Peter Aragon; 25 August 2003, 02:38.
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

on your TV screen?

do a search for overscan on google. This is not the Parhelia causing it.

Comment

Working...
            X